PstRotatorAZ starts Minimized

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
wb9kpt
Advanced Class

PstRotatorAZ starts Minimized

Post by wb9kpt »

Hi, I use Log4OM to start PstRotatorAZ and BandMaster. BandMaster starts with normal window displayed, however PstRotatorAZ starts minimized. I have discussed this with Codrut - YO3DMU the developer for PstRotatorAz, and he has reproduced the same issue... but doesn't believe there is anything he is doing to cause this behavior. If I start PstRotatorAZ directly from it's desktop link it opens normally. Any suggestions?

Bill - WB9KPT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: PstRotatorAZ starts Minimized

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like a windows issue because we only run the exe provided by Codrut the same as the desktop icon does - You can check this is true by visiting the shortcut propertied dialog
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

We don't start PstRotator automatically. This part is managed by the "auto start" feature in Log4OM.
Here you can set your preferred parameters to start each software. If software is started without parameters we simply invoke the executable without passing any parameter or /minimize param.
I'll check if i can reproduce the issue and if i can find a way
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
wb9kpt
Advanced Class

Post by wb9kpt »

Thanks Danielle... a few additional comments. Codrut (author of PstRotatorAZ) is also puzzled by this issue - he was able to reproduce, but doesn't understand what might be going on. He is very responsive via email if you want to reach out to him directly. I had the same issue running Windows 7 and Windows 10. I have tried starting before and after Log4OM, with no difference in behavior.

Bill - WB9KPT
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

I tested it just now, too. PSTRotator starts minimized, my LP-100-VPC (SWR/Power meter software) also starts minimised, however FIREFOX web browser starts just fine! I wonder why.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Bill,

A possible work-around to using LOG4OM to start PstRotatorAz could be to use PstRotatorAz to start LOG4OM.

PstRotatorAz > Setup > Start External Programs

73 Marvin VE3VEE
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Interestingly, I tested starting LP-100 Virtual Control Panel (my swr/power meter app) with PstRotatorAz. It starts just fine but attempting to start the same app with LOG4OM starts it minimized. So the issue may indeed be somehow related to LOG4OM.

73 Marvin VE3VEE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Worth a check.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH