Out of Band Error

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KA4CDN
Old Man

Re: Out of Band Error

Post by KA4CDN »

Thank you for the replies. I tried the lock button again and the same occurs.
I start Log4OM and then immediately enter a Call Sign. I select a Band. I make an entry into the Freq number box "14225" (with no comma, period etc. just a number) and then move out of that field (tab, click, doesn't matter). The Band selection clears and the OUT OF BAND red message displays.

I don't know how to insert an image into the forum here. I can screen capture and paste into a text editor or paint but not into this forum editor.

Thanks Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just save your screenshot as a jpg to somewhere on your computer and then at the bottom of the reply screen click the 'Upload Attachment' tab

Choose the file you just saved by clicking 'Choose file' and then click 'Add the file'
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote:Thank you for the replies. I tried the lock button again and the same occurs.
I start Log4OM and then immediately enter a Call Sign. I select a Band. I make an entry into the Freq number box "14225" (with no comma, period etc. just a number) and then move out of that field (tab, click, doesn't matter). The Band selection clears and the OUT OF BAND red message displays.

I don't know how to insert an image into the forum here. I can screen capture and paste into a text editor or paint but not into this forum editor.

Thanks Mike

Enter the call sign - click the 'Tab' key on your keyboard - dont select a band just enter a frequency like 14245 and 'Tab' out of the frequency field - The band should be set automatically

Make sure that for 14245 you do not enter any numbers in the last Hz field as indicated in the attached image they should only be entered if you want to record 14234.500
Attachments
lock.jpg
lock.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
lock2.jpg
lock2.jpg (63.02 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
lock3.jpg
lock3.jpg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

When I first start Log4OM the Band is already selected, right now with 20m.

I enter my Call. The look succeeds, I see my name.
Tab moves through the field (Name, Rcvd, Sent, Green button?, Add button, Locator field (which I leave blank), and then finally the Freq. I enter 14222 and press Tab again or move focus and the Band entry clears, OUT OF BAND shows.

This crazy. It should be so easy!

Could it be that I installed incorrectly? I ran the new 1.15.0.0 install without un-installing the old version? When I shut down it asks if I want to. I thought this was changed behavior?

Is it possible to go back to the prior version I had that was working?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please remove Log4OM using the uninstaller provided.

Download 1.15 again and reinstall

We always advise that you uninstall the old version before upgrading to avoid fragments of old code being left in the registry
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Will I loose my setup/configuration and/or log data? Should I do something to save those settings before uninstalling?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

It's always wise to make an ADIF backup when you do anything with software. Also print out your configuration settings from the settings menu.

However you will not losoe your data or settings when you remove the program they are in a seperate folder.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

uninstall is safe :D
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Terry,

I uninstalled, downloaded again and reinstalled. All is working now.

I am sorry to have wasted your time on my ignorance and very much appreciated your support as well as the effort the development team has made in developing this fine software package. As a software developer in MS (C# and others) myself I can really appreciate the effort that has been made for the ham community by the Log4OM developers.

Huge thank you.

Sincerely and w/ kind regards,
Mike
AK4QA
Novice Class

Post by AK4QA »

I posted a question on this and have tried the suggestions you offered but it still does not work. Could not find any 'folders' however.