LOST TODAY's CONTACTS

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ka3qot
Novice Class

LOST TODAY's CONTACTS

Post by ka3qot »

In my log, i have about 996 entries. Today, in the CQ WW SSB contest, I logged some rare dx.

I sorted by callsign and then when I reopened today's contacts were gone! It showed zero entries.

I didn't back it up. How can I get these irreplaceable contacts back???

This is the second time this happened.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOST TODAY's CONTACTS

Post by G4POP »

ka3qot wrote:In my log, i have about 996 entries. Today, in the CQ WW SSB contest, I logged some rare dx.

I sorted by callsign and then when I reopened today's contacts were gone! It showed zero entries.

I didn't back it up. How can I get these irreplaceable contacts back???

This is the second time this happened.
Firstly where are you looking for these contacts, check the recent QSO tab F8 and make sure that you have not set any search parameters that are filtering the list

If they are not listed then check the number of QSO's as shown in the bottom left hand corner of the main window

If as you say this has happened before I am surprised that you have not made backups but it is possible that the default backup is still active so check your: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder to see if there is a 'Backup' folder which could have a recent ADIF backup that you could use

Let us know if you require further assistance
73 Terry G4POP
ka3qot
Novice Class

Post by ka3qot »

Hi -

I checked the QSO tab and there were no search parameters that would preclude the results from showing.

The number of QSOs in the bottom left hand corner of the main window were 0.

I checked the backup folder location that I specified and there was not one there from today.

Typically, I backup every few so hours, but I was in CQ WW SSB contest mode and didn't get to it. Now, I back up after every entry since this is the second time this has happened.

My questions:

1. Why, just by choosing another sort option (I chose callsign and not QSO date), did 982 results disappear? Is this a known issue?

2. Fortunately, I had both a database and .adi backup from yesterday. Still, several key QSO data with stations I needed for DCCC are now gone forever, setting me back in this effort. What can you do in a future release to stop this from happening again?

Thank you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please send me a support request, by email, from the help menu, with this I can possibly see what is happening

Check the include ADIF check box
73 Terry G4POP
ka3qot
Novice Class

Post by ka3qot »

Will do. I love the program and appreciate all the work that went into it. It's just bad when I Iose loggings.

Thanks.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ka3qot wrote:Will do. I love the program and appreciate all the work that went into it. It's just bad when I Iose loggings.

Thanks.

The issue that you are having is not a known issue.

The last release was downloaded approximately 40,000 times and there was not one report of lost data, so I suspect it is something happening on your computer causing the problem, hopefully the support request will reveal what is wrong?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Please send the support request to me too
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH