Portable Version - instructions

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK7XX
Old Man

Portable Version - instructions

Post by VK7XX »

I have just downloaded the latest (1.14.0) portable version and, after many emails to Daniel re problems I had with the previous portable, I was looking forward to this release..... This time I want to get it right. On page 155 of the manual it says "If using the Portable download version use the instructions provided with the download, the instructions below are only for guidance when creating a portable version from an Log4PM program already installed on a PC"

I do not have a program already installed on a PC therefore, steps 1 to 6 on page 155 are irrelevant for me.

There are no instructions included with the portable version download. Were the instructions accidentally omitted from the zip ???

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Portable Version - instructions

Post by G4POP »

John,
Give me 3 hours and I will write a set of instructions for you
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK here are specific instructions about how to install and use the portable version.

The instructions in the user guide are now the same as in this attachment, all reference to installing from an existing installation on a PC are now removed.

The updated user guide will be uploaded to the web site on Monday, when Daniele returns to work, I have also asked him to include the instructions in the Portable download.
Attachments
Log4OM Portable Version set up.pdf.zip
(93.38 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote:OK here are specific instructions about how to install and use the portable version.

The instructions in the user guide are now the same as in this attachment, all reference to installing from an existing installation on a PC are now removed.

The updated user guide will be uploaded to the web site on Monday, when Daniele returns to work, I have also asked him to include the instructions in the Portable download.

Excellent, Thankyou Terry.