Importing ADIF from HRD

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Importing ADIF from HRD

Post by K4SHQ »

I am trying to import my HRD Logbook data using ADIF 2. Log4OM tells me the import was successful, but none of the 1583 records were actually imported. Instead I get this error:

"constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: Log.Call, Log.Band, Log.Mode, Log.QsoDate, Log.TimeOn Call: T32DX Date: 20151102 Time: 041300 Mode: JT9 Band: 20m".

Looking at the raw ADIF text, it looks as if the data is within what I know of the ADIF spec. The one thing I did notice is that all of the fields are separated by a space. This fragment for instance is: "<band:3>20m <band_rx:3>20m ". The band field is 3 characters followed by a space and the the "band_rx" field. Am I correct in assuming the space is included for readability and does not violate the ADIF 2 specification?

Can you tell me what the error means, if the ADIF spec has not been violated?
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Importing ADIF from HRD

Post by K7PT »

The < and > characters must be there to define the field delimiters. Sounds like a HRD export issue.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

Have you tried looking at the HRD Export ADIF file with "ADIFmaster" to see if there are any errors?
73 de David G4NVB
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Post by K4SHQ »

G4NVB wrote:Have you tried looking at the HRD Export ADIF file with "ADIFmaster" to see if there are any errors?
ADIF Master says its a clean ADIF file.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ
VK2AJF
Novice Class

Post by VK2AJF »

Hi dmalcom,

It worked fine for me when I selected the option "ADIF only" in HRDLogbook's "ADIF Export" panel. This avoids some of the HRD-specific fields, which are not in the standard ADIF spec.
de Tony VK2AJF
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Post by K4SHQ »

I too selected ADIF Only. In general I took the option that would get the simplest data transfer possible. As stated above ADIF Master checking declared the HRD ADIF file to be clean and without problems. I am left to believe that Log4OM is the culprit.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

The error you get reports that all QSO (if all are skipped) are already in your log...

Did you check if your log is empty or you already loaded QSO?
If problem still occours, try creating a new log database from FILE menu (you can overwrite old one).

btw: you can export all data, also proprietary ones, from HRD. Log4Om is able to read some proprietary informations exported from HRD and will add some details to your log.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH