Shutdown Omnirig on program exit?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4AON
Old Man

Shutdown Omnirig on program exit?

Post by G4AON »

After running Log4OM, I have to manually stop Omnirig if I want to run anything else with my rig.

Is there a means of shutting down Omnirig on program exit? Perhaps an option "tick box" as maybe not everyone would want to shut it down.

73 Dave
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Shutdown Omnirig on program exit?

Post by IW3HMH »

I can "kill" omnirig, but usually is not an intended function because will also stop every other software connected to omnirig
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

IW3HMH wrote:I can "kill" omnirig, but usually is not an intended function because will also stop every other software connected to omnirig
Perhaps with an option box?
I needed to update the firmware on my K3 and had to manually shut down Omnirig, not hard, but a little messy.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4AON wrote:After running Log4OM, I have to manually stop Omnirig if I want to run anything else with my rig.

Is there a means of shutting down Omnirig on program exit? Perhaps an option "tick box" as maybe not everyone would want to shut it down.

73 Dave
I am intrigued by this?

My Log4OM set up uses Omnirig with an Icom 7600 as rig 1 and an Icom IC7100 as rig 2

When I close Log4om the com port is released for both radios and I can open any other software like MixW, HRD, DX Labs etc. using the com ports that ere just a moment before being used by Log4om/Omnirig

Perhaps you could provide a description of your set up and what other software you run that requires you to manually close Omnirig

I am assuming that you have got the latest version of Omnirig installed?
73 Terry G4POP
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

Hi Terry

Sorted! I also run CW Skimmer which shouldn't use Omnirig as it's not controlling a rig. However, CW Skimmer does start Omnirig... So, closing Skimmer and Log4OM also shuts down Omnirig.

All is well, I'll go back to sleep now!

73 Dave