Cluster

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K0HB
Old Man

Cluster

Post by K0HB »

New guy here, so be gentle.

When I start the cluster and check in, it always returns a list of 30 meter spots, but not other bands. From there it provides spots for other bands, but at startup only 30m. I assume there's a script or .ini file somewhere that I need to groom.

73, de Hans, K0HB
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster

Post by G4POP »

Hi Hans,
No one here gets short with new users if they ever did I would ban them!

Yes there is a script it's the small button and check box just below the cluster field and connect button in F3 only a text file so its easy to edit and save.

However it is strange behaviour because I think our standard command after your call sign is SH/MYDX so I can't guess why you get the 30 meter spots.

What cluster do you use and I will try it myself.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi, and welcome.
First of all check:

1) program settings: there is a tab named CLUSTER FILTERS. You should select there all the bands where you work. This is a TOP LEVEL filter. If only 30mt are selected, you will never get anything other than 30 meter spots.

2) what options are selected in the cluster screen. If you're binded to rig band or you have selected 30mt band on the band drop down you will receive there only 30mt spots.

3) if nothing above please open cluster screen, get F3 tab and see if you can view spots from other bands in the raw list of spots.

4) if nothing above, recheck step 1, and if doesn't work send me a mail with your program config (file called config.xml in your roaming folder)

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

OK, thanks!

The problem was in the startup script.

The contents of that file were:
// use <callsign> command to send your callsign to the server.
<callsign>
SHOW/DX 30
I removed the "30" from the SHOW/DX line, and all is well.

You may want to check the download files online, because I didn't make any changes from the installation.

73, and thanks for the quick responses,

de Hans, K0HB
DE Hans, KØHB
--
--
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hello Hans,
Normally the 30 relates to the last 30 spots, I suspects something may have changed with DX Spider to cause it to filter 30 meter spots.

Please let me know what cluster you are using because I most investigate this
73 Terry G4POP
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

G4POP wrote:Hello Hans,
Normally the 30 relates to the last 30 spots, I suspects something may have changed with DX Spider to cause it to filter 30 meter spots.

It happened on at least two different ones..... VE7CC for one, and I think an Italian one.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
--
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K0HB wrote:
G4POP wrote:Hello Hans,

It happened on at least two different ones..... VE7CC for one, and I think an Italian one.
Hi Hans,
OK got it!

It seems that VE7CC and a couple of Italian clusters that I tried translate the SHOW/DX 30 differently and that is what causes the 30 meter spots to appear, I was able to replicate this every time.

We need to change the log in default script to sh/dx/30

Thanks for your help in identifying this issue, we will change it in the next release
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Hi.

I am not getting any spot info displaying. In the Telnet Cluster window I see spots coming in (F3 tab). The Cluster tab shows nothing. I have CW, Digital Phone all selected (checked). Band is empty (also tried selecting each band). I check the Settings->Options->"Cat & Cluster" and the filter settings. I've got 80-20,15,10 selected.

no rig attached. (old dump transceiver).

This was working the prior version. It stopped after I upgraded. I'm am now running 1.15.0.0

Also have problem where I can not enter a Freq/Band combination and not get an "OUT OF BAND" error. See separate forum post. Related?

Wishing maybe I had not upgraded. Everything was working fine.

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote:I have CW, Digital Phone all selected (checked).
If you wish to display all modes then you do not need to check any of the mode boxes, however having all three checked should not make any difference.

I have just tried with the filters set the same as you and it all works fine for me so I think you have another filter set, like remove worked countries, link to radio band or mode?

Please provide a screenshot of the "Telnet Cluster' window (Is this F9 or F2 window?)

Which cluster are you using?
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Thanks again for the support. I am attaching screen shots (trying). I'ved tried a bunch of different clusters but while I see spots in the Connection Tab (f3) nothing in the Cluster Tab (f2)
f3.JPG
f3.JPG (101.08 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
f2.JPG
f2.JPG (44.92 KiB) Viewed 7512 times