Cluster questions

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VA3KA
Novice Class

Cluster questions

Post by VA3KA »

I have been having difficulties keeping connected to the DX clusters (I have tried various clusters and all the same). After some random period of time (from minutes to hours) I get disconnected.

I do not think this is a Log4OM issue as I have tried from other computers (running a TELNET session) and get the same results. I think there may be an issue on my local network/router/internet provider (I have high speed access).

But I have a few questions on the cluster configuration (under Utilities).

1. I have the cluster heartbeat enabled. How does this work? I assume it sends a blank command after a certain period of time to keep the cluster alive? If so is there a way to change this time period?

2. What does the Timeout selection control do?

3. I have the Run logon script enabled. But in many cases, my call sign appears to be sent before the cluster is ready for it and I get an "invalid call sign" error from the cluster. Is there a way to program a delay in the logon script to allow the cluster to be ready to receive the logon callsign?

Thanks and 73,
Ken VA3KA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster questions

Post by G4POP »

VA3KA wrote: 1. I have the cluster heartbeat enabled. How does this work? I assume it sends a blank command after a certain period of time to keep the cluster alive? If so is there a way to change this time period?
You are correct but the keep alive interval cannot be changed
2. What does the Timeout selection control do?
If no response is received from the cluster in the selected interval a pop up window indicated 'Not connected'
3. I have the Run logon script enabled. But in many cases, my call sign appears to be sent before the cluster is ready for it and I get an "invalid call sign" error from the cluster. Is there a way to program a delay in the logon script to allow the cluster to be ready to receive the logon callsign?
Use
<DELAY>
<DELAY>

In the script before call sign, from memory each occurrence is equal to 1 second
73 Terry G4POP
ac5aa
Old Man

Re: Cluster questions

Post by ac5aa »

I've been having the same "invalid callsign" response from the cluster because the callsign and "sh/dx" is all sent too quickly. Thanks for describing the "fix," Terry.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA