MYSQL USER-Fields and CALL

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
DJ4JZ
Novice Class

MYSQL USER-Fields and CALL

Post by DJ4JZ »

Hello there,
for some time I use LOG4OM. It is a exellentes program. To me it is important that I can access from 3 locations on my QSO data. I've set up a MySQL-server on a Debian-Linux-Sysstem on a Cubietruck. The access works without problems. Also I use the phpMy Admin to administer the database. This is easier than from the MySQL Console.
Here I 've found that a field in the log-table has the name Call. This is a reserved word in MySQL. Under SQLite is not so. Can we change the field names in LOG4OM program? (Callsign)

I'm missing a few user fields. Since I have just extended the table of log. Since I was unable to access the fields I've written up a separate application. I use the USER-Field for the DARC-DOK and various diplomas.
I work under Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Debian-Linux and have a few problems with the serial port. (own COM card) That's what happens when I have longer not switched the TRX. Then I start again Omnirig .
vy 73 Juergen (Jo) DJ4JZ
73 de DJ4JZ
DJ4JZ
Novice Class

Re: MYSQL USER-Fields and CALL

Post by DJ4JZ »

So, now I'm writing something I've done exactly.
At first I expanded the table log (since the QSO data in it) by about 10 fields. In the fields I collect information about diplomas. Then I renamed the fieldname 'call' to 'callsign'. After that I wrote the program which fills in the data fields.
From the old logging program I exported the data to a CSV-file.
Then I imported the data in that fields. After that, 'callsign' changed back to 'call'.
I started LOG4OM and it is working. With the 2nd program now I can enter the other data in the fields.
The only things that are missing are a few evaluation options. Per SQL commands they are working already, what was especially important to me because now I am able to have access to different computers on the database. I have two shacks, one in the living room and the other shack in the basement.
Since then, LOG4OM is the 1st choice.
vy 73 Jo (Juergen) DJ4JZ
73 de DJ4JZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: MYSQL USER-Fields and CALL

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Juergen, i run into the same issue.
I've fixed that by calling field as "log.call" instead of "call".
Log is the name of the table. This way it works for me.

I need to keep this behaviour also for Log4OM V2 to avoid breaking compatibility.
Anyway you can easily add a trigger on CALL field, to populate another field called "callsign", that could be used by other applications
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH