Grid locator

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Grid locator

Post by ei9ju »

I've noticed after filling in the grid locator while listening to a QSO, then having listened a little more and getting the callsign, once I start filling in that callsign box the previous gathered info/Grid Locator erases itself, can anything be done to prevent this from happening as working 6M Sporadic E you try to gather information as quickly as possible and not necessarily in any order.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid locator

Post by G4POP »

When you enter a call the program does a QRZ/HamQTH lookup and form fills the information.

Turning off the lookup facility in Options should enable you to retain the information that you are entering in the opposite order to the normal entry procedure.
73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

Are you sure Terry because I'm also experiencing it with no external sources.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Now I have had a chance to check the software I see that on call sign entry we are clearing all fields to ensure no spurious data is left from the previous QSO so you are correct disabling lookup will not achieve what you require.

My only suggestion is to make a note of the locator on a note pad so that you have reference of it should the designed lookup system not find it.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

This happens because log4om tries to give you a faster way to input and clear data for subsequent qso.
Usually the callsign is the first part of the QSO that you have, so clearing this part is, for log4om, equals to a "new qso" request.

I'll check if i can add an option to avoid that if something is added before callsign, but need some tests because could drive to strange behaviours.

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

IW3HMH wrote:This happens because log4om tries to give you a faster way to input and clear data for subsequent qso.
Usually the callsign is the first part of the QSO that you have, so clearing this part is, for log4om, equals to a "new qso" request.

I'll check if i can add an option to avoid that if something is added before callsign, but need some tests because could drive to strange behaviours.

Thanks Daniel, it's something really weak signal or Sporadic E operators would appreciate as sometimes you're listening a while logging bits n' pieces gathering the info for a valid QSO.