Slow database lookup?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Slow database lookup?

Post by G4POP »

This is really odd because I have had a friend in NI report similar though not so pronounced symptoms this morning.

I will contact you off forum to do some further tests
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

G4AON wrote:Hi Terry

Ticking/unticking the box changed the lookup time from "instant" to a worse case of close to 10 seconds on the desktop PC with Win 7/64 bit.

More later. 73 Dave
I checked the box (it had been unchecked), and the lookup might have been slightly faster. However, even with the box unchecked, the lookup on my log of over 50,000 QSOs is still less than a second.

Jim N6VH
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Interesting. I have found the same thing which Dave found. I normally have the "Realtime previous QSO while typing (SLOW)" checked. My lookups are instant with about 7000 qso's and SQLite. Unchecking the checkbox causes the lookups to take about 2 seconds. I'll keep mine checked!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
VP8LP
New user

Post by VP8LP »

I probably have a related problem. I installed Log4OM and done the basic setup, and have just tried entering a dummy callsign in the log. The characters appear very slowly in the field as I type - ie. it takes several seconds for the characters to appear after I have finished typing them. Any ideas on this?

Thanks
Bob VP8LP
oz5xn
New user

Post by oz5xn »

Hi,
I have had the same problem as Dave - until today. Looking up previous calls toke up to 8 sec which is much to slow not least in a contest. I have only 1500 calls in the SQLite database. Even in contest mode with only 20 previous calls and "Search previous calls in this contest only" it toke 8 sec!

Laptop is an ASUS 64 bit, Intel core i5-4200 1.6 Ghz, 8GB RAM and WIN 10 which is not a slow computer.

I'm a happy Log4OM user, but concidered to find another log programme for contests until I read Dave's solution today. It works! Ticking "Realtime previous QSO while typing..." solved the problem. Now the search is less than a sec. :-). It's my impression that it also improved the "slow typing". Thanks Dave! :D

73, Allan OZ5XN.