Worked All Britain

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Worked All Britain

Post by g4cfp »

I have been trying a add a field to record the Worked All Britain (WAB) details (Squares and Trig Points, is this possible?

Thanks

Bill G3CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Worked All Britain

Post by G4POP »

bbones wrote:I have been trying a add a field to record the Worked All Britain (WAB) details (Squares and Trig Points, is this possible?

Thanks

Bill G3CFP
We do of course already have the WAB award included in the software as below
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (49.7 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
However if you also want to add trig points than you can either construct your own Trig Point award if you have a complete list of references? alternatively record the trig point reference in the 'Comments' field

There is not a specific standard ADIF field for trig points
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Thanks Terry

Found it, is there anyway to add a field to the QSO info and then it might appear in the recent QSO coloum?

I have been using G8PUT but Log4OM looks and feels a lot better

Regards

Bill G4CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

bbones wrote:is there anyway to add a field to the QSO info and then it might appear in the recent QSO coloum?
You can change the displayed fields and the layout of the fields by using the 'Layout' button at the bottom of the window.

You cannot add a new field that is not included in the ADIF standard list of fields so adding a field called 'Trig Points' or 'Shoe size' is not possible that is why I suggested that you use the comments field for that information.
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Thanks it make sense now,

Regards
Bill G4CFP
K0AY
Old Man

Post by K0AY »

I am also looking at the WAB award. What I was expecting, was a button when pressed would read all my log entries and tell me If I have already qualified for the award, If not, what entities are missing. What am I missing?

Art
K0AY
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Hi Art

I use the WAB spreadsheet to keep my award records, it does mean however that I have to enter the Call Sign and date of the Square worked, As I said earlier I was using the log program from G8PUT but it was designed for WAB and therefore falls short of this one

Cheers
Bill G4CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K0AY wrote:I am also looking at the WAB award. What I was expecting, was a button when pressed would read all my log entries and tell me If I have already qualified for the award, If not, what entities are missing. What am I missing?

Art
K0AY

What field are we expected to find the WAB reference in?

If there was a dedicated ADIF field for the WAB reference it would be easy but there is not and every logging software uses a different method of recording the WAB reference as a result!
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

I have found this and whilst the G8PUT logging program works I still find the best way has been to use the WAB tracker spreadsheet and just keep the logging programs for a record of the QSO and as a reference should I need it.

I'm trying to get my mind around the Awards section and hopefully once sorted it will even make more sense.

Thanks for the feed back

Regards
Bill G4CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

bbones wrote:I have found this and whilst the G8PUT logging program works I still find the best way has been to use the WAB tracker spreadsheet and just keep the logging programs for a record of the QSO and as a reference should I need it.

I'm trying to get my mind around the Awards section and hopefully once sorted it will even make more sense.

Thanks for the feed back

Regards
Bill,
Did you watch our YouTube videos 'Log4OM Awards Part 1' and also part 2?
73 Terry G4POP