clicking spot on Cluster doesn't always change radio frequency

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ac2ev
New user

clicking spot on Cluster doesn't always change radio frequency

Post by ac2ev »

Long time user of HRD , new convert to Log4OM.

Not sure if this is a Log4OM issue or Omnirig issue.
Hamlib wasn't reliably connecting to my radio.

Rig: Elecraft K3
CAT: OmniRig - 38400,N,8,1 RTS,DTR off, 100ms update, 4000ms timeout.
running with latest RigINI.zip from OmniRig (downloaded 13FEB2016)

I'm still getting used to the new interface but I noticed that when I first start up the program, I can click on spots and the radio will change frequencies just fine. Then at some point clicking on spots stops working. I'm still trying to track down the root cause but one thing I noticed is that at one point after I had physically changed bands on the K3 the following happened:

The frequency display (top right) showed me on 20m at the correct frequency
The cluster window with the checkbox 'link to radio band' checked it would only show spots for 15m (the band I was previously on).
Clicking on spots on 15m or any other band would not change frequencies.

I'm also testing if I don't change the radio physically if the problem manifests.
I will also try VE3NEA's OmniRig tester's guide.
ac5aa
Old Man

Re: clicking spot on Cluster doesn't always change radio frequency

Post by ac5aa »

My response is probably not helpful, but I've found a single click just loads the callsign into the logger, while a double-click is required to cause the rig to jump to the spotted frequency/mode. I'm still learning the interface too.
73, Duane AC5AA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ac5aa wrote:My response is probably not helpful, but I've found a single click just loads the callsign into the logger, while a double-click is required to cause the rig to jump to the spotted frequency/mode. I'm still learning the interface too.
This is the designed method
73 Terry G4POP
G0OFE
Novice Class

Post by G0OFE »

I have had this problem too... some weeks ago.. it's like the radio won't read from LOG4OM when I double-click on a spot, but if I change radio frequency, LOG4OM does see that change. It was working fine but then it stopped, and I can't get it to work properly again.

Don't know if it's a virtual com issue, an Omnirig issue or an SDR Console (in my case) issue. I may try and completely uninstall the virtual com ports and reinstall them.

I have never got Hamlib to work on LOG4OM, but it's fine when using HB9HQX JT65 program.

I need to look at it again.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

There is an issue when opening option menu while CAT is running. Omnirig connection will be dropped and reestablished, and this could cause issues.
I'm preparing a Beta package to be tested with this issue fixed
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Good to hear that there will be a new Beta test .... First i thought it is a problem with my old Rig (IC-735) and/or the Sound & CAT Interface (CG Antenna SB-1000) but know i see that some others have the same problem. But think a test will need a few days so that issue looks like a sporadic issue. Sometimes it works for days without any problem but will try to find out how it is when i use the option menu with this latest stable release ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Any news Juergen?
Can you link your issue to the settings menu?
w0ls
Advanced Class

Post by w0ls »

I also noticed this problem and it definitely will get triggered by opening the options menu....happens every time. After it occurs, if I click on a spot the rig will change modes, if the spot was for a different mode but will not change bands or frequency. The only way I can restore things is to quit and restart the logger.

Harry
W0LS
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

This is a great post. I have been using this program for a couple of weeks and just realized that the single click fills in spot info, double click changes rig to freq!!

Who Knew..Its most likely in the manual, I just overlooked it.
KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

The issue related to configuration window is fixed in the next release, actually in beta stage