Generating DXCC submission list

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ac5aa
Old Man

Re: Generating DXCC submission list

Post by ac5aa »

Didn't work when I tried it. I've sent an email to Terry on it.
73, Duane AC5AA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I will post the following in the off chance that someone else will have this same problem. My database was created originally by importing data exported in ADIF format from DX4WIN 8.05. Apparently, something about the QSL status that results from that process "breaks" the normal processing that Log4OM does to select QSL's for submission for DXCC credit. In order to fix it, Terry suggested, and I did the following:

Export the current database using ADIF 3 standard.
Open a new database, and import that ADIF file.
Now, to pull QSL's for submission, in the DXCC awards tab:
- at the bottom of the window, select "Worked Only"
- also, "Ignore QSL Status" (this is the key one for this problem)
- Actions | Validated QSO | Suggest QSO for Submission
- (when all looks right) Adtions | Validated QSO | Make Suggested as Submitted

Finally, click "Export" and select whatever you need to do with the list that was created.

Many thanks to Terry for his patience and help on sorting this all out.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ac5aa wrote:I will post the following in the off chance that someone else will have this same problem. My database was created originally by importing data exported in ADIF format from DX4WIN 8.05. Apparently, something about the QSL status that results from that process "breaks" the normal processing that Log4OM does to select QSL's for submission for DXCC credit. In order to fix it, Terry suggested, and I did the following:

Export the current database using ADIF 3 standard.
Open a new database, and import that ADIF file.
Now, to pull QSL's for submission, in the DXCC awards tab:
- at the bottom of the window, select "Worked Only"
- also, "Ignore QSL Status" (this is the key one for this problem)
- Actions | Validated QSO | Suggest QSO for Submission
- (when all looks right) Adtions | Validated QSO | Make Suggested as Submitted

Finally, click "Export" and select whatever you need to do with the list that was created.

Many thanks to Terry for his patience and help on sorting this all out.

73, Duane
Just to be perfectly clear the issue was caused by bad data from DX4Win, not a shortcoming of Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Agreed - but others moving from DX4WIN to Log4OM may have the same problem, so it made sense to document this in case one of them has the same problem with the data. Thanks again, Terry.
73, Duane AC5AA
w0ls
Advanced Class

Post by w0ls »

I find myself trying to prepare a submission and this thread has been a great help. I used Doug's suggestion but I had to add one more line to the filter and that was "QslRcvd != V". When I ran your filter Doug not only did I get the batch that I wanted to submit this time but I also got all others that had been previously submitted because their "SubmissionStatus" was also equal to "ARRL". Maybe I missed a step somewhere that would have cleared the submission status for previous submissions. Anyway thanks for the help.

73's,
Harry
W0LS
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

w0ls wrote:I find myself trying to prepare a submission and this thread has been a great help. I used Doug's suggestion but I had to add one more line to the filter and that was "QslRcvd != V". When I ran your filter Doug not only did I get the batch that I wanted to submit this time but I also got all others that had been previously submitted because their "SubmissionStatus" was also equal to "ARRL". Maybe I missed a step somewhere that would have cleared the submission status for previous submissions. Anyway thanks for the help.

73's,
Harry
W0LS
Good catch Harry! Yes, indeed, if you have previously gone through this process and had credit granted on qso's previously marked as submitted ("ARRL" in the Submission Status field) then you would need that third line in your query.

BTW, I have written up a proposal for making this process more streamline in Log4OM, so hopefully we can get the process fixed in the future and not have to worry about these manual queries.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
w0ls
Advanced Class

Post by w0ls »

Ok Doug on submitting a proposal to streamline. I would think that part of the process would be to clear the submission status once the QslRcvd is changed from C to V.

Harry
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I disagree with Harry.

In the case of cards where a card checker is used, he validates the QSO with respect to what is on your submission application. So, it would change from Confirmed to Verified "V" (Verified) and Submitted until the Credit is Granted.

In the case where the card is mailed to the ARRL, no card checker, it remain Confirmed until Credit is Granted as both the verification and credit happen at the same time.

The major point is that each of these paths to a credit varies in both process and timing of the steps to Granted.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
w0ls
Advanced Class

Post by w0ls »

Hi Chuck...thanks for comment. I am a lotw user and for me lotw tracks awards I guess so I do not use "credit granted". As long as the "V's" in log4om match lotw I am good to go (I think). So I am still wondering at what point does "submission status = arrl" get cleared? If it does not get cleared then extra filtering has to be done to weed out noise from previous submissions...and then again....I may be missing something here. Somebody please enlighten me...

73's
Harry
W0LS
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Harry,
I would think that you would want your Log4OM "Credit Granted" to match your LOTW online records. As far as the submitted check boxes for each QSO goes. The Submitted box should be cleared when the "Credit Granted" is checked but is not an issue if left checked as the Award display will show it "Credit Granted". In other words, if both boxes are checked, the QSO, upon examination, show that it was submitted and the credit was granted.

Hope this clears it up a bit as it can be confusing simply because the QSO can take several paths to the end objective of "Credit Granted".

It's like going from LA to Washington D.C. via airplane (LOTW) or driving. The airplane is the quickest and most direct of the two.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"