Generating DXCC submission list

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ac5aa
Old Man

Generating DXCC submission list

Post by ac5aa »

Perhaps I'm missing something in the manual, but I don't see any way to generate a list of QSL's needed for a DXCC submission other than doing it manually. Is this true? If so, I guess I'm spoiled by DX4WIN which generates the list for submission . . .

Thanks in advance and 73,
Duane
73, Duane AC5AA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Generating DXCC submission list

Post by G4POP »

ac5aa wrote:Perhaps I'm missing something in the manual, but I don't see any way to generate a list of QSL's needed for a DXCC submission other than doing it manually. Is this true? If so, I guess I'm spoiled by DX4WIN which generates the list for submission . . .

Thanks in advance and 73,
Duane

Probably not anywhere near as good as DXWin :D but you could try this?

Utilities/statistics and awards

Award DXCC tab

Select award e.g. Mixed

At the bottom - Worked only

At the bottom 'Actions/validated QSO's/suggest QSO's for submission'

At the bottom 'Export/All QSO's

Now you can export those QSO's for submission to ADIF or CSV for submission

See images below
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (181.7 KiB) Viewed 5918 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (158.98 KiB) Viewed 5918 times
73 Terry G4POP
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

OK, that's a great start, Terry - thanks! Somehow I keep missing those "commands" at the bottom of the window.
73, Duane AC5AA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ac5aa wrote:OK, that's a great start, Terry.
What else do you require?
73 Terry G4POP
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Ok, first let's talk about what you suggested - it appears to work differently for me, and I'm not sure why. When I proceed through the steps you describe, my list includes all (?) of my QSO's with credit already Granted. Example attached. Included in the list are countries which have no new QSL's to submit (e.g. Aland Is., Algeria, etc.) Those are already granted and marked as such. If I understand the submission process using Log4ME, LoTW QSO's are automatically "Validated" once they are matched by both stations ("confirmed" from LoTW). That's fine. On QSL's, upon receiving one, I mark it such, and Log4ME marks it as "Confirmed." Now it will need to be submitted to a card checker (or the ARRL). So, now I would expect the list to only include suggested QSLs for submission. Note that none of them indicate a QSO to use. Clearly, I've got something incorrect in my database, or I'm doing something wrong. Once we get by this one, I'll ask you about submitting multiple Bands & Modes in a single submission, etc. Thanks, Terry.

73, Duane
Attachments
DXCC QSO Selection.png
DXCC QSO Selection.png (170.5 KiB) Viewed 5894 times
73, Duane AC5AA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Duane,
Email me your database and a bug report from the help menu, that way I can set up a computer as an exact replica of your system
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Duane,

Here is the method which I use to prepare a "submit" list to ARRL for card checking. I think that is what you are requesting.

1. When I receive a QSL card I open up that QSO's Update QSO window, QSL information tab, and mark the Received status as Yes, and the date received and Received via information. If I know that QSL was a new country (entity) confirmation, or new band or mode, I also check the Submitted to Card Checker checkbox. This becomes my que to submit that QSO to ARRL for credit.

You can also go through the Awards and Statistics/DXCC grid for bands or modes and find QSO's which have been confirmed with a purple C grid, open that QSO and use the Submit to Card Checker view to change the status of those qso's to Submit. This is likely where you need to start, as you probably have not been marking them as submitted when received as above.

2. When you are ready to export a list of these cards to submit to ARRL, then use QSO Archive facility to search "SubmissionStatus = ARRL" and LotwQslRcvd != V". This will select only those records which you have marked for submission, AND those QSO's which have not subsequently been Validated by LotW. You can save that search for future use. I have mine saved as "Submit". Here is my search which I have saved:
Submit.jpg
Submit.jpg (48.27 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
3. Order the list by callsign or country as you wish by clicking on the appropriate column heading. Select all records, then select the "Export only standard ADIF fields" and the "ADIF version 3X" options. Now you have a file which you can use to order your cards, and upload to the ARRL website.

Page 126 of the Log4OM users manual describes a similar method for creating this export list, but I find it more complicated and less intuitive.

I hope this helps.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Doug, you're correct that I have not been marking them as I go because (1) many were imported from DX4WIN where the QSO's are not marked until it's time to submit, and, (2) when I receive a QSL card I may or may not know if this was a needed QSL for an award. (These days, most of the ones I send for are needed or I would not have sent the QSL in the first place.) So, what I'm looking for is a more automated method (like DX4WIN and other software) to select those cards for me and then present me with a list. Terry's method showed promise until I couldn't get to the first step. I just emailed him the files he requested. Thanks for your suggestion - once I get past this current submission and I'm reconciled between ARRL and my database, I'll probably adopt your approach since I'm striving for Honor Roll and band/mode endorsements at this point, and the manual approach works well for that.
73, Duane AC5AA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Duane,

Yes, in that case just use the DXCC grid, convert all purple C grids to submitted status. Log4Om makes that easy as it opens the submit dialog if the grid is purple/C. Then use the submit saved search and you have your list. Not automated, but not hard to do every time you are getting ready to submit cards.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Duane,

I received the support request and your SQLite database!

I believe there was something wrong with the data that you imported and of course without being in possession of that ADIF I cannot see what it was!

However I did the following:

1. I exported your complete logbook as an ADIF 3.0 from Log4OM (File/Export ADIF and select ADIF version 3)
2. I created a new database and then imported the Log4OM ADIF (File/New Database)
3. I restarted Log4OM

This procedure was to ensure that I had a properly formatted ADIF version 3 (Older ADIF versions don't support Credit Granted status correctly)

The result was as shown below so I suggest you do the same
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (72.89 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
73 Terry G4POP