Can't select different mode

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Can't select different mode

Post by NN7D »

Hi Duane,
ac5aa wrote:Sequence is that I jump on a Digital spot (for example), and it sets my FLEX to DIGI-U mode but Log4OM shows USB. I click the Mode selector and select "RTTY" and it sticks. Now if I go to the rig and select RTTY there as well, it stays on RTTY in Log4OM. However, if I select CW, then Log4OM switches to CW. Switching the rig back to RTTY does not change the mode setting.
Understand. if you manually change the rig to RTTY mode, the mode in Log4OM switches to SSB. Its because of the same limitation in OmniRig, in that the communications between Log4OM and OmniRig is limited to a generic Digital mode. So when you change the mode on your rig to RTTY, OmniRig sends "Digital" to Log4OM and Log4OM just uses SSB as a default. Until we can convince Alex to add more granular modes (RTTY and PSK) to OmniRig, or set a default "digital mode" in Log4OM, that is the situation at present.

But you seem to be able to make the mode change in Log4OM stick without having to click on the padlock button. Which is good. The point of this thread is to figure out why others can't manually change the mode without clicking on the padlock button.

I hope this makes sense.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ac5aa
Old Man

Re: Can't select different mode

Post by ac5aa »

I guess my post was confusing - sorry, Doug. Actually, it is a little confusing, but it is consistent. If Log4 shows USB and the rig is on DIGI-U after jumping on a RTTY spot, I can change Log4 mode to RTTY and it sticks. Now, if I switch the rig from DIGI-U to RTTY, Log4 does not change - it stays on RTTY. I suspect this is because the rig file in Omnirig does not recognize RTTY, because if I change the rig to CW, Log4 changes to CW as it should. If I move to a supported mode on Omnirig, Log4 follows. EIther way, changes in the digi modes will stick without needing to click the lock icon. Sorry to have added this level of distraction to your original thread - I had only intended to confirm that with my rig & config I don't have to click the lock to get a different mode to stick in these circumstances.

73, Duane
73, Duane AC5AA