CWSkimmer and other OMNI-RIG applications

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VE4DXR
Advanced Class

CWSkimmer and other OMNI-RIG applications

Post by VE4DXR »

Hello Friends, Alex VE3NEA the developer of CWSkimmer helped me to realize that all the devices that use Omni-Rig will share the CAT Data information IF all the apps are running in the same level. To explain, If one of the applications such as LOG4OM is run as Administrator then you must run CWSkimmer or any other Omni-Rig application also as Administrator. Its nice to see the frequency and have rig control from CWSkimmer and LOG4OM. So give it a try. Open CWSkimmer or any other app that shares cat data to run as Administrator. I hope this helps some of you. 73, Lee - VE4DXR
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CWSkimmer and other OMNI-RIG applications

Post by NN7D »

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the tip. Log4OM's advice has always been to run it and any other ham applications which need to intercommunicate as Administrator. Also when installing the applications run the install as Administrator. This is essential for Windows 7 and newer.

That is also one of the best virtues of OmniRig, that you can run many ham applications which use OmniRig for CAT interface at the same time and they will get along with each other. OmniRig is essentially a multi-Threaded com port aggregator, allowing a number of applications to interface to the same com port for CAT control. My routine is to run Log4OM, Band Master and HamPort all with CAT using OmniRig.

Thanks!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA