30m Cluster Data spots

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
EI2GLB
Old Man

30m Cluster Data spots

Post by EI2GLB »

HI All

I have built up a new i5 PC running Windows 10 and I am trying to get it all set up,

I have noticed that Digital spots on 30m are showing as CW,

How do I setup the band edges for this,

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: 30m Cluster Data spots

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Trevor,

those spots will be show´n as CW if the frequency is not a frequency for digital modes. Example: A station is spotting a QSO for JT65 at 10.138 ... this QRG is CW QRG in the IARU R1. The bandplan starts at 10.140 for digitals. So the spot will be show´n as CW.

Think it´s possible to change the edge frequencies in bandplan_r1.xml in the configuration folder but after the next program update you´ll have the same problem again.

But it looks good for the future. Some ham organisations in the IARU R1 planning more frequencies for the digitals on 30/80 meters. The plans are 10.130 - 10.150 for digitals on 30 and 3570 to 3600 on 80 meters. If those changes takes effect the problem with the spotted digitals in the CW parts will be don´t longer a problem ;) 8-)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Trevor,

I you make a copy of your bandplan_r1.xml file, then rename the copy to bandplan_user.xml, then modify it as desired, it won't be overwritten on the next program upgrade. Of course, you won't get any changes to the bandplan file for the region if there were any. Also, when there are differences in the band plan for a country, you can have a bandplan_dxccXXX.xml file, with XXX being your dxcc country number. Terry is working on obtaining individual country band plans, where there are differences, and creating these country bandplans. He just needs input on what the country band plans are.

Hope this helps.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

Thanks for the replies, Guess it always did this I thought it was only post the rebuild here,

Trevor
EI2GLB