LoTW download not working since PC change

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G8AJM
Advanced Class

LoTW download not working since PC change

Post by G8AJM »

I have been using Log4OM very successfully for several years now and all the features I use have performed well. However, I had a C-drive crash on my shack PC and configured a laptop to run the rig and log. This required a new certificate for LoTW which I installed, and now I am once again able to upload from Log4OM to LoTW.

The problem is that download is not finding any QSO’s to update when they are QSL’d on LoTW.

The station name has changed but I think I have changed it in all places needed, and upload works just fine.

I’d be very grateful for any thoughts as to what might be happening.

Many thanks
Chris G8AJM
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Re: LoTW download not working since PC change

Post by HB9BRJ »

Chris, try to leave this field blank:
Settings > Options > External Logs > LOTW Settings > Station ID.

LoTW download should then fetch all QSOs where the callsign matches the one defined in your active Log4OM profile under Settings > Options > Station Info > Station Callsign.

Works fine with me: As SOTA activator I'm using 3 different Log4OM profiles/callsigns and 50+ different TQSL locations.

73, Markus HB9BRJ
G8AJM
Advanced Class

Post by G8AJM »

Thank you Markus but no change. I checked all instances of callsign and QTH and all seems good. Uploads work fine and new QSLs show on LoTW OK but when Log4OM goes to download, "No QSOs found".
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G8AJM wrote:Thank you Markus but no change. I checked all instances of callsign and QTH and all seems good. Uploads work fine and new QSLs show on LoTW OK but when Log4OM goes to download, "No QSOs found".
Let me explain

When uploading to LOTW Log4om employs the TQSl program which certifies the upload - For this it is necessary to have a correct station ID and the relevant user names and password.

Downloading however only uses the user name and password - The station ID and TQSL password are irrelevant with regard to downloads

Therefore if your download is failing it is because you used an incorrect user name or password or it was entered incorrectly (Wrong case)

On very rare occasions the user of LOTW uses strange characters in the password like @#$£%& and these are not recognised - If your password employs these character types then change your LOTW password!

The user name and password will be the same as used when you log into the LOTW online website - NOT THE TQSL PASSWORD

Let me know how you get on because I have tested and the LOTW download is working 100% on my Windows XP, 7 and 10 machines using Log4OM versions 1.22, 1.23 and 1.24 - BTW it saves me a lot of time if you state the Windows OS and Log4OM versions you are using when you post
73 Terry G4POP
G8AJM
Advanced Class

Post by G8AJM »

Thank you Terry. I requested a password reset from LoTW and now all seems to work just fine.
73 Chris G8AJM
LA9FFA
Advanced Class

Post by LA9FFA »

Hello
Backing up your LoTWs Call Sign Certificates and Station Locations is importent.
It will save you from a lots of hassel, When you have hardisk crash or moving to another pc etc :-)

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20I ... mputer.pdf
TQsl Backup.png
TQsl Backup.png (136.74 KiB) Viewed 4204 times