FLdigi v3.23.10.06 and Log4OM Communicator problems

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
IK6AWY
Novice Class

FLdigi v3.23.10.06 and Log4OM Communicator problems

Post by IK6AWY »

Dear Log4OM programmer, I have this configuration:
O.S. WindowsXP sp3
Router NetGear
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015
Log4OM v1.24.00
FLdigi v3.23.10.06

and I have many problems with Log4OM Communicator for interactivity between Log4OM & FLdigi.

Stating that, for many months, all my configuration working very well, but for stranger reasons, now FLdigi not insert automatically the QSO in the Log4OM database (with Log4OM Communicator module in active).

I work in this conditions:

1) I start FLdigi;
2) I start Log4OM;
3) I start Log4OM Communicator Service - and set his in active mode;

If I insert an CALL in FLdigi and save his with his command, this call is not transferred automatically in Log4OM database.

For what?

I have inserted FLdigi & Log4OM in the TRUSTED APP of the Kaspersky Internet Security, but the result is the same - none communication.

Is an problem of Netgear Router settings (port or address to add in the Service of router configuration)?

Is possible helpme?

Many thanks for your interest to my problem.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FLdigi v3.23.10.06 and Log4OM Communicator problems

Post by DF5WW »

First of all:

Go to Log4OM Settings/Services and set Communicator to "Autostart" .....

Second:

Start Log4OM (Communicator will be started automatically) ....

Open the Communicator Window and Stop the Communicator ..... Go to the Settings in the Communicator window and check the boxes for UDP connections (Port 2236) and Enable File Monitor (in Inbound). In the same window press the "File" Button and search the Fldigi ADIF ... If you find it double click on it at save all by clicking the Disk symbol in the Communicator window ....
df5ww1.png
df5ww1.png (10.38 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
After that close the Setting in the Communicator, hit the green START button in the communicator. Close Log4OM (communicator will close automatic) and restart Log4OM .... Start FlDigi, then restart Log4OM with Communicator, check that the correct frequency was shown in FlDigi, log a QSO and check in Log4OM it´s logged or not ...... Don´t forget to use the refresh button in the Log4OM F8 Tab ....

Try and report ;) ;)

B.t.w ... Dont forget to Set FLDigi to "Use XML-RCP" ...
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IK6AWY
Novice Class

Re: FLdigi v3.23.10.06 and Log4OM Communicator problems

Post by IK6AWY »

Dear OM Juergen, for first MANY THANKS for your interest to my problem and for your very speedly response.
I working with your idications and Log4OM & FLdigi work very well now.

The NetGear settings is not important for Log4OM and FLdigi, and I discovered what is the case of my problem: I have changed the FLdigi logbook name !!!!
The first original name was logbook.adi and, from 1 month ago, the new name is changed in ik6awy.adi (in the FLdigi logs directory), and Log4OM not finds the old name!!!
Many Many Thanks for your HELP and great courtesy.

Bye for now.

IK6AWY - Fausto in OSIMO (AN) - Italy