DXCC Award administration - help needed

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dk2lo
Advanced Class
Posts: 92
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 16:45
Location: North Germany

DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by dk2lo » 23 Jul 2013, 18:28

3 questions:

1. is credit granted = credit awarded (LOTW terminology) ?

2. I would like to get my DXXC Challenge standings into LOG4OM. There I have a problem:

I am successful in changing by LOTW confirmed QSOs (Validated status) into credit granted status by editing the Awards window under Update QSO.

I have many QSLs confirmed (status C) which have been accepted and awarded by DXCC desk and should also get the credit granted status. I was not successful in changing the confirmed status into credit granted. I tried several ways but nothing worked - probably user error

3. Is it possible to automate the manual process of editing the DXCC award status?

LOTW knows in Award Account Menu already all my QSLs credited for DXCC awards under Account Credits menu. This data could be used to update LOG4OM DXCC database with a bulk upload. Because I have so many credits I would need much time for the manual process and it is not error free.

I appreciate any suggestions

73 de DK2LO - Olaf
73 Olaf DK2LO

User avatar
G4POP
Moderator
Posts: 5477
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 14:55
Location: Burnham on Crouch, Essex UK

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by G4POP » 23 Jul 2013, 18:54

dk2lo wrote:3 questions:

1. is credit granted = credit awarded (LOTW terminology) ?

2. I would like to get my DXXC Challenge standings into LOG4OM. There I have a problem:

I am successful in changing by LOTW confirmed QSOs (Validated status) into credit granted status by editing the Awards window under Update QSO.

I have many QSLs confirmed (status C) which have been accepted and awarded by DXCC desk and should also get the credit granted status. I was not successful in changing the confirmed status into credit granted. I tried several ways but nothing worked - probably user error

3. Is it possible to automate the manual process of editing the DXCC award status?

LOTW knows in Award Account Menu already all my QSLs credited for DXCC awards under Account Credits menu. This data could be used to update LOG4OM DXCC database with a bulk upload. Because I have so many credits I would need much time for the manual process and it is not error free.

I appreciate any suggestions

73 de DK2LO - Olaf
Hi Olaf,

Firstly the ADIF terns are Credit submitted and Credit granted so we need some title changes HI!

LOTW has just now provided a credit status in the ADIF download and the next release will update your status accordingly.

Unfortunately the ARRL do not include the paper QSL credit status in this download so it is not complete - Typical ARRL! One day they will join us in this century Hi.
73 Terry G4POP

dk2lo
Advanced Class
Posts: 92
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 16:45
Location: North Germany

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by dk2lo » 23 Jul 2013, 19:22

Hi Terry,

thank you for the superfast reply!

Great news, so the bigger part will work automatically in future, but I have still more than 900 paper QSLs which are in award granted status at ARRL. How can I do this status change within LOG4OM? For this process I still need a description because I was not successful. Any hints?

73 Olaf DK2LO
73 Olaf DK2LO

User avatar
G4POP
Moderator
Posts: 5477
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 14:55
Location: Burnham on Crouch, Essex UK

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by G4POP » 23 Jul 2013, 19:56

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

thank you for the superfast reply!

Great news, so the bigger part will work automatically in future, but I have still more than 900 paper QSLs which are in award granted status at ARRL. How can I do this status change within LOG4OM? For this process I still need a description because I was not successful. Any hints?

73 Olaf DK2LO
Hi Olaf,
Yes I see this as a problem!

However when we can get the LOTW update then we can check the paper award submitted and granted status.

What program did your data come from and did that data reflect your awards status correctly? If so we can probably manipulate the imported ADIF.
73 Terry G4POP

dk2lo
Advanced Class
Posts: 92
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 16:45
Location: North Germany

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by dk2lo » 23 Jul 2013, 20:24

Hi Terry,

before LOG4OM I used an ASCII file with selfwritten edit macros. My DXCC challenge status is maintained in RXCLUS. So no ADIF available. I will have to convince ARRL to deliver also the Papper QSL credits ... :roll:

Nevertheless a manual change of a QSO to credit granted status should be possible in LOG4OM.

73 Olaf DK2LO
73 Olaf DK2LO

User avatar
G4POP
Moderator
Posts: 5477
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 14:55
Location: Burnham on Crouch, Essex UK

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by G4POP » 23 Jul 2013, 20:31

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

before LOG4OM I used an ASCII file with selfwritten edit macros. My DXCC challenge status is maintained in RXCLUS. So no ADIF available. I will have to convince ARRL to deliver also the Papper QSL credits ... :roll:

Nevertheless a manual change of a QSO to credit granted status should be possible in LOG4OM.

73 Olaf DK2LO
Hi Olaf,
Yes manual edit is available already but you don't want to edit every QSO!

Could you generate a .csv file that shows the credits and then perhaps we could manipulate the data for you so that an import or merge could update the status?
73 Terry G4POP

dk2lo
Advanced Class
Posts: 92
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 16:45
Location: North Germany

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by dk2lo » 24 Jul 2013, 18:31

Hi Terry,

thanks for all suggestions. What data are needed for the csv file?

Do you know an email address at ARRL which can be used to motivate the LOTW crew to implement the QSL card date for granted status for the download?

I still do not know how to change the status of an QSO with QSL card confirmed into "credit granted" status. Could you please explain the steps.

73 Olaf
73 Olaf DK2LO

K7PT
Old Man
Posts: 726
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 13:54

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by K7PT » 25 Jul 2013, 09:02

Hi Olaf,
Go to each QSO that you have a "credit" for and select the "Award" tab in the QSO window. Then check each box for the award(s) that you have been granted for this QSO.

Chuck-K7PT 8-)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"

User avatar
G4POP
Moderator
Posts: 5477
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 14:55
Location: Burnham on Crouch, Essex UK

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by G4POP » 25 Jul 2013, 09:53

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

I still do not know how to change the status of an QSO with QSL card confirmed into "credit granted" status. Could you please explain the steps.

73 Olaf
Hi Olaf,

Please see the attached file for illustrated step by step instructions, I will add this to the user guide!

73 Terry
Attachments
Updating Award Credit Status.pdf.zip
(460.93 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
73 Terry G4POP

User avatar
G4POP
Moderator
Posts: 5477
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 14:55
Location: Burnham on Crouch, Essex UK

Re: DXCC Award administration - help needed

Post by G4POP » 25 Jul 2013, 12:07

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,
What data are needed for the csv file?
73 Olaf
Just export all of the data in a .csv format and I can edit it in a spreadsheet to provide the correct format to convert to ADIF
73 Terry G4POP

Post Reply