Setting Alert Question

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
kc2nyu
Advanced Class

Setting Alert Question

Post by kc2nyu »

I want to create an Alert for States I need for CW WAS. So if I want to be Alerted when ever anyone appears on the Cluster using the CW Mode from WY or ND, how would I do that?? Looking at the Help section starting on pg 63, and at the Alert- Filter informations tab, I can't not understand how to do that.

Thanks in advance
Paul kc2nyu
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Setting Alert Question

Post by K7PT »

You would only know what state they are in AFTER doing a look up. The cluster will not tell you that.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
kc2nyu
Advanced Class

Post by kc2nyu »

K7PT- OK see your point, let me approach from a different angle. I have CC Use software on my PC in the shack and I am signed into VE7CC-1. IN the CC Cluster Program, I can set "alarms" for individual states and modes. such as CW - WY,then Tell the cluster and if a WY-CW station is spotted, CC User sends me an email alarm or alert. If in Telnet cluster connection screen in Log$OM, if I use VE7CC.net, will I get an alert from Log4OM?

And a related question- IN HRD Logbook, I can select CC User on my PC as the Cluster to use, and all the settings on CC Cluster such as filters will carry over to the spots that show up in the HRD logbook Cluster. Can I do that with LOg4OM?? If so that would be great

73 Paul
kc2nyu
LA9FFA
Advanced Class

Post by LA9FFA »

Hello Paul
Check out page 174 in the Log4OM user manual.
kc2nyu
Advanced Class

Post by kc2nyu »

Rolf- thanks so much for the tip, followed those instructions and all working fine now.
This Forum and its members are really super. I am one by one learning how to do things in Log4OM that I use to do in HRD logbook. My next area to tackle is Award submission.

73 and thanks again
Paul
kc2nyu