K3 RTTY logged as SSB

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
pa2kw
Advanced Class

K3 RTTY logged as SSB

Post by pa2kw »

Hello,

Question 1:
I'm using Omnirig to connect with my K3.
When in DATA mode (K3 setting is : FSK-D, 45 Bps) it is logged as SSB.
Is there a way to get this mode logged as RTTY in Log4OM?
(Now I change this by hand after each QSO.)

Question 2:
When I change the mode by hand BEFORE I log the QSO (I want to change my SSB to RTTY), the CAT sets it back to SSB.
I can imagine that when I manualy set an item which came initially from the CAT (like the mode), It should not be set back by the CAT.
Is this a setting somewhere or not possible ?

73's, Evert PA2KW
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: K3 RTTY logged as SSB

Post by NN7D »

Hi Evert,

Yes, this issue has been discussed before. On the first point, it is due to the fact that OmniRig does not support sub modes of "Digital" between the software- Log4OM and the rig. However, you can set the "digital" mode to RTTY within your OmniRig rig specific .ini file, so that when you double click on an RTTY spot, the rig will change to RTTY, if it does not do so now. But understand that Log4OM does not read the .ini file and has no way of knowing the radio is in RTTY mode.

I have submitted a proposal to remedy this issue in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2198

Also, here is a discussion of how there seems to be two different behaviors in how Log4OM allows a manual setting of modes without Suspending CAT or using the mode Padlock button - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2211 Sorry, no resolution on that yet.

Hopefully in Version 2 this all will be addressed. In the meantime, for logging an RTTY contact, click on the padlock button, then select RTTY mode, then log your contact, then remember to unlock the padlock. This should allow you to accurately log an RTTY contact.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA