RST field limited to 59+ or 599 after Tab usage

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dk2lo
Old Man

RST field limited to 59+ or 599 after Tab usage

Post by dk2lo »

When jumping with the Tab key to the rcvd or sent fields I get in the selection window (opened by the small arrow) just beside the default RST (here 59 or 599) only 59+ values for Phone or 599 for CW. I do not get any sense with this behavior. Is this perhaps a minor bug?
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: RST field limited to 59+ or 599 after Tab usage

Post by G4POP »

Is what you are saying that you don't get the lost of RST values when you click the RST drop down as shown below?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 4573 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Ah! I think I understand what you are describing. "AFTER' was the important word HI

When you use tab to move through the fields it is a manual keyboard operation to allow speed of entry without use of the mouse so we assume that you entered the required values during this operation and the drop down selections are not available because of the way you are using the entry form.

If you were using the mouse for field selection the drop down values would be available.

When using the manual entry you can of course return to the fields and manually update the values if you have a typing mistake.

So not a bug it functions as designed
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

yes this makes sense, but it is not totally consistent. After tab usage you still get 59+ values in the drop down menue. This was my confusion to think something is wrong.
The value shown is the value that you entered manually

if you enter 59+10 the drop down shows 59+10

If you enter 599 the drop down shows 599

Etc.
73 Olaf DK2LO
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

the "plus" values are "hidden" above the 59/599... the scroll bar seems to be at the top value, but using mouse or up Arrow you can find them.

You can change the default value for RST if needed, by acting on the RST configuration file (LogOm folder in your user data folder).
It's a TXT file. Just type a * (star) near your default value.

Hope this helps
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH