SOLVED: LOG4OM stopped work

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dk2lo
Old Man

SOLVED: LOG4OM stopped work

Post by dk2lo »

Yesterday the whole day LOG4OM was up and running and I played around testing different features. Then in the evening I encountered the following event: My German Windows 7 came up with a message which said something like: "the program LOG4OM does not answer any more". After closing this window LOG4OM was no more active. Fortunately it was no problem to start the program again and all data seem to be there.

Perhaps the problem has something to do with the Alert function. I added an LOG4OM alert for callsign JW9GHA Bear Island. The program stopped a long time after the definition I made. But the last thing I saw was the LOG4OM screen with a small alert window behind the Win7 problem message window. After closing the Win7 window the LOG4OM screen disappeared so I do not know details of the alert message.

After the program restart all data seem to be ok, but the alert definition was gone. So I suspect that the problem has eventally to do with the alert function.

Is there a chance to find the program log somewhere, after LOG4OM is closed. I can see and save the log during the run, but this does not help when the program stops by himself.
73 Olaf DK2LO
K7PT
Old Man

Re: LOG4OM stopped work

Post by K7PT »

The log file is located at: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\log\log4OM_log.txt where "user" is your system user name. This file will be of great help to find the problem if it exists.

If it happens again, please send Daniele this file before restarting Log4OM. Thanks.

Chuck-K7PT
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Chuck,

thank you for the information where I can find the application log. I will do as advised. The error did not occur again, but I did not play with the alert function today.
73 Olaf DK2LO
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Log will be appreciated.
In settings screen you can find a button, near zone definition, that shows your config folder. Inside this folder you find the log

Beware only actual and previous session log is retained so if you open the software many times it will loose older logs.

Lele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Daniele,

yesterday evening at 18:40 LOG4OM stopped again. I was not busy on the computer. I saved the log. What is the destination I can send it?

73 Olaf
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Olaf,
Click the email icon on the right hand side of Daniele's last post, its the second icon, and attach the file to the email
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

I was in private messages window of Daniele as described but do not get an upload attachment button as here. I can only cut and paste the log into the text window which is probably not ok.

Any suggestion please.
73 Olaf DK2LO
LA9FFA
Advanced Class

Post by LA9FFA »

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

I was in private messages window of Daniele as described but do not get an upload attachment button as here. I can only cut and paste the log into the text window which is probably not ok.

Any suggestion please.
Use your email client and send it as attachment to Lele : lele(AT)pisto.it
Change (AT) with @
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

dk2lo wrote:Hi Terry,

Any suggestion please.
There are two buttons one is for a PM and the other is email
73 Terry G4POP
VE7NS
Novice Class

Post by VE7NS »

Hello:

For some unknown I have been unable to access LOG40M for the last couple of days as it was hanging up on me. When it initially started it stated that it was for a User Profile: "New Configuration" as I had over 30K qso's in the log. In any event the program never opened as it has done previously. Accordingly I deleted the program from my computer and attempted to download the 1.5 upgrade copy as a replacement, which, unfortunately, resulted in the same "New Configuration" message on the top left of the page.
Thanks
Ron
VE7NS