Grid square statistics by band?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ES2MC
Novice Class

Grid square statistics by band?

Post by ES2MC »

Hello,

I have not found a method how to make statistics on worked/confirmed grid squares (e.g. JO20) by band? Need them separately for VHF/UHF etc bands (6m, 2m, 70cm etc), but the Awards section gives just a cumulative number "over all bands". How can I narrow the search and make it separate by band? Sorry if that's very "elementary"... :D

Gratefully,

Arvo, ES2MC
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid square statistics by band?

Post by NN7D »

Hi Arvo,

Not sure if this will help, but if you are using version 1.25, in the Statistics and Awards window, GridSquare tab, you have a column for 6m, 4m, 2m, etc. If you click on the band column heading, it will order the rows, so you see all the Worked grids first for say 6m, then all the confirmed for 6m, etc. Will that give you the information you need?

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ES2MC
Novice Class

Post by ES2MC »

Hi Doug,

Well, not quite... Yes, I will see the grids worked or confirmed by band, but there is no band-based count (or how can I get it?). I will just see the graphical image of the worked/confirmed grids on the selected band, but there is no calculation or totals anywhere. And the Worked/Confirmed status left from the table is just the overall statistics on all bands, this count is not changeing while making the band-based click. Probably I can somehow import this band-based column to excel etc and then make the count, but I wonder if Log4OM has not thought about the need of getting band based grid data out? Seems elementary for all VHF/UHF operations, hi!

Gratefully,

Arvo, ES2MC
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

Yes I also would like this, as you say Arvo elementary for VHF/UHF.

Also I would like to have the prop field in the QSO info tab (F1) and when I do one QSO on EME it should stick to EME until I change it, I mean when I do EME I usually do a bunch of qsos, setting prop mode for every qso is annoying.

When doing MS I do FSK441 on 2m. Seems like default RST is 599? Usually it is like 26 or something like that doing MS. Can I turn off the 599? And if I set 26 will it stick for next qso as well?

Sorry we VHFers have different needs...

73 de SM7SJR, Bjorn
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

Arvo, meanwhile exporting logs from Log4OM into VQLOG is the only way to get the VHF statistics. Sadly I think the Log4OM team does not have resources enough to help us VHFers with what we need. I am not a developer myself so I cannot help.

73 SM7SJR, Bjorn
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

sm7sjr wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 06:42 Arvo, meanwhile exporting logs from Log4OM into VQLOG is the only way to get the VHF statistics. Sadly I think the Log4OM team does not have resources enough to help us VHFers with what we need. I am not a developer myself so I cannot help.

73 SM7SJR, Bjorn
I think that we already informed everyone several times that Version 1.00 is on maintenance only and will not have any new features added due to the development of Version 2.00.

We already have your feature request on our Mantis list for future inclusion but it will not be in version 1.00
73 Terry G4POP
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

And what is the time frame?

73 SM7SJR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Some months