Re: External sources improvement - NOT REQUIRED

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

Hello,

I just found a weakness in the external sources lookup.

When i use qrz.com, I have 2 problems. First I run out of lookups, if I use it too often on one day. Second I found out, that the locator is not set correctly, if I use qrz.com as external source.
So I use HamQTH as external source, because most of the time HamQTH brings the correct locator. Now there is another problem with HamQTH. It does not have as much callsigns in the database as QRZ.com. So I thought, it does not matter, because, if HamATH does not bring me the detailed information, just click on the Lookup button to open an external browser with the website of the station on qrz.com, as I setup QRZ.COM as Web external source.
Problem is, that the lookup button is grayed, as long as there is no date retrieved from the external source, which is HamQTH.
So I have no clue, how I should setup my etxernal sources to get the most out of it.

It would be great to have the lookup button available, even if there is no data retrieved from the etxernal source, if the Web external source is different from the external source.
It would be a dream, if we could setup the etxernal sources in a way, that all sources are used one after the other until all data is found.

Maybe I do something wrong and it could be setup better than I have done it. In this case, I would be happy for any advice how to get it done better.

Best 73
Helmut
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Best best for what you describe is become a QRZ XML Subscriber. You get what you pay for!
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

Thanks for the info. I have a Ad-Free Subscription at QRZ.com. Just saw it ends at 2016-08-20. I will change to the XML subscription now.
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

Just subscribed to the XML subscription. Unfortunately the locator is not retrieved. Is there anything I have to change in Log4OM to get it to work?
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

For some strange reason it works now. So many thanks for the great tip.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No improvement of Log4OM external sources is required if you have an XML paid subscription to QRZ or use HamQTH

Please be aware that subscription updates with QRZ can sometimes take up to 48 hours to take effect
73 Terry G4POP