Log4OM + JTAlert + WSJT-X = errors + double logs

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
aa4zx
New user

Log4OM + JTAlert + WSJT-X = errors + double logs

Post by aa4zx »

I've got an baffling problem with JTAlert and Log4OM. I've searched and searched, and I can't find anything indicating that I'm not the only person with this problem, sadly enough. Maybe my google-fu is weak :(

Both JTAlert and Log4OM are running as administrator. And the service is running on port 2236. When running WSJT-X, after the 73 is sent, I get the usual WSJT-X log window, into which I type the OM's name, and then save. Then up pops an error message from JTAlert saying that the log couldn't be saved in Log4OM but that it's still saved in WSJT-X. But ... it HAS been saved in Log4OM at this point. Then, a couple of moments later up pops a SECOND log entry with mostly the same data (the start time is different - usually it's actually the time WSJT-X logged the QSO, meaning at or near the end of the QSO rather than the start).

In other words, every single QSO gets logged twice, and every single QSO gets an error message that it didn't get logged at all. I delete the second/newest one, since it's the one with the incorrect start time anyway.

I'm boggled.

Any ideas?

Thanks ... 73 de aa4zx/dave
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM + JTAlert + WSJT-X = errors + double logs

Post by G4POP »

As JTAlert/WSJT-X only accesses your Log4om database (With or without Log4OM running) it would seem the issue is with the other programs, have you made this enquiry to them?
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Dave,

In JTAlert, go to Settings/Miscellaneous/Performance.

Under Check QSO Log Record, try increasing the time. This might help with the message about the QSO not being logged, even though it was logged. I don't know if it will help with the double entry or not.

Jim N6VH
VK3AMA
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AMA »

G4POP wrote:As JTAlert/WSJT-X only accesses your Log4om database (With or without Log4OM running) it would seem the issue is with the other programs, have you made this enquiry to them?
Terry,

Your wrong. JTAlert does not access the Log4OM log directly for writing and never has. JTAlert uses the Log4OM logging interface (UDP) to send the QSO data to Log4OM. The only time JTAlert access the Log4OM Log directly is a read-only operation to try and confirm that the log command was successful by doing a query to see if that new QSO exists.

Because JTAlert uses the UDP logging interface, there is never a need to run JTAlert as Administrator to match Log4OM's requirement to be Run as Administrator (why is that?). This does require that Log4OM be running for JTAlert -> Log4OM logging to work.

de Laurie, VK3AMA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK3AMA wrote:
G4POP wrote:As JTAlert/WSJT-X only accesses your Log4om database (With or without Log4OM running) it would seem the issue is with the other programs, have you made this enquiry to them?
Terry,

Your wrong. JTAlert does not access the Log4OM log directly for writing and never has. JTAlert uses the Log4OM logging interface (UDP) to send the QSO data to Log4OM. The only time JTAlert access the Log4OM Log directly is a read-only operation to try and confirm that the log command was successful by doing a query to see if that new QSO exists.

Because JTAlert uses the UDP logging interface, there is never a need to run JTAlert as Administrator to match Log4OM's requirement to be Run as Administrator (why is that?). This does require that Log4OM be running for JTAlert -> Log4OM logging to work.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

I stand corrected :lol:
73 Terry G4POP
JE1BTJ
New user

Post by JE1BTJ »

Log4OM make Double QSO entry when push "OK" to JTAlert popup message.Why ? I think that I make mistakes in settings.Please tell me your advice.
de JE1BTJ ,Tuyoshi Ishihara.
JE1BTJ
New user

Post by JE1BTJ »

I solve my problem. Key point is settings of Communicator.
Do not Check to "ADIF file Polling". IF you check this,JTAlert makes a logging entry,ADIF file make other one.Image