Connecting to Log4OM with IC718

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
m0ikt
New user

Connecting to Log4OM with IC718

Post by m0ikt »

Hi All,
I'm a new user to Log4OM and i'm having problems connecting my Icom 718 up to the software using the rig connection.
Having clicked the CAT button on the top toolbar I get the Log4OM CAT dialog box. I've selected the Icom 718 and the COM port automatically is populated with the correct one (I checked in Windows 10 device manager). The baud rate and stop bits were initially populated, but I had no luck in connecting to my rig. I have subsequently been altering these values manually to see if I have any luck. I have changed the baud rate to 1200 and stop bit to 1 and after hitting the 'Open' button for Hamlib, it connected successfully. However, as soon as I changed frequency the software stayed at the original frequency and came up with an error message 'Radio doesn't answer to calls. Retry'. So, I seem to be having partial success, but can't quite get to make the rig talk to log4om.
I've used the cable previously with other logging software and not had a problem.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Dave
M0IKT
gi0hwo
Novice Class

Re: Connecting to Log4OM with IC718

Post by gi0hwo »

Have you tried Omnirig ?.

It's much preferred to Hamlib

73 de John
m0ikt
New user

Re: Connecting to Log4OM with IC718

Post by m0ikt »

Hi john,
thanks for that. I downloaded and installed Omnirig. It took a few attempts at altering the baud rate, but I appear to be hooked up and ready to go now. So far Log4OM looks very comprehensive, lots to learn and I need to look at some of the youtube videos.

cheers

Dave
M0IKT