Cluster Spots Show Wrong Mode

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Cluster Spots Show Wrong Mode

Post by N4PYI »

Many spots in the cluster (such as on forty meters) will show digital instead of phone for frequencies in the US Phone Band. Is there a way to adjust the edge frequencies to make the spots correct? Clicking on the spot changes the mode of the radio to the wrong mode and it has to be changed back.

Thanks
Brad Adams, N4PYI
Brad, N4PYI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Spots Show Wrong Mode

Post by G4POP »

This seems to indicate that you have the wrong region selected in the Log4OM options, see screen shot below.

For America set it to Region 2
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (135.27 KiB) Viewed 2901 times
If that is not the problem then you can edit the bandplan_r2.xml file to adjust the frequencies that correspond to your specific requirements.

The file is located at C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME IS HERE\AppData\Roaming\LogOM
73 Terry G4POP
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Post by N4PYI »

Thanks terry! Wow, simple fix, why didn't see that???

Thanks again
N4PYI
Brad, N4PYI
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Post by N4PYI »

Terry,

I did as you suggested. My region was set to region 1. I set it to region 2. I saved the config, then closed and restarted Log4OM. It seems better but am still getting digital mode where it should be phone. For example, on 40 meters I see posts at 7.143 showing digital , Posts at 7.160 show phone. I checked the bandplan_r2.xml file and the ranges for CW, digital and phone match what is correct for US closely. Of course CW and digital overlap anyways. Not trying to wear you out about this, I love the program and it does a great job. Just wondering if I am still missing a piece of the puzzle. I have attached a copy of the bandplan_r2.xml file that I am using.

Thanks

Brad Adams, N4PYI
Attachments
bandplan_r2.xml
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Brad, N4PYI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You need to remember that although there are allocated areas for digital, phone and CW you can use the modes anywhere you desire so often there will be Digital signals in the phone part of the bands and CW anywhere!
73 Terry G4POP