LOTW cert change

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
W2MJP
Old Man

LOTW cert change

Post by W2MJP »

Hello
I have log4om and was using it with my new computer just fine until I changed my call sign and rx a new certificate from LoTW. Its seems the old file was saved as a .exe file, no problem. The new file saves as .t6 or .p12. When I go to upload qso to LoTW it gives me the error message and states OS platform is not supported, but if I use the old exe. file under old call sign it will upload, but it uploads under the old call sign. What can I do to fix this? Thank you. 73

Mike W2MJP... ex k2iof
Mike-W2MJP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

LOTW cert change

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Mike,

i never heard before that a certificate of LotW was saved as an .exe file. It´s always t6 or p12. You need an .exe to upload to LotW and this software is called TQSL. You can download the newest version at the LotW page. You have to start it and to import your new key file (certificate). There is also an howto on the ARRL LotW page.

Could be possible that you have to change some of the LotW settings in Log4OM after importing the new certificate into TQSL ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW cert change

Post by G4POP »

I have changed the title of this thread as it is about an LOTW certificate change not about LOG4OM working with Windows 10, which of course it does perfectly
73 Terry G4POP
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Thanks Jurgen for reply. I will continue to mess around with it some more. But i have the tqsl and cert. All is stored on computer and i know were the file is. I use that as the executable link needed and path via my documents. Hmmm. I feel like im so close.. lol. 73
Mike-W2MJP
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Do I have to start a new configuration? I tried changed all my info in the first account I had set up for Log4OM. Do I need to start a new account?
Mike-W2MJP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W2MJP wrote:Do I have to start a new configuration? I tried changed all my info in the first account I had set up for Log4OM. Do I need to start a new account?
Not unless you want to continue to use both your old and your new calls
73 Terry G4POP
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Does this look like the correct file for use of upload to LoTW?

C:\Users\mpanz\OneDrive\Documents\W2MJP tqsl.tq6
Mike-W2MJP
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Terry
Can you be a bit more informative. Your tutorials are great, that's what got me to use log4om, but a little more advice please.
Mike-W2MJP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W2MJP wrote:Terry
Can you be a bit more informative. Your tutorials are great, that's what got me to use log4om, but a little more advice please.
You need to understand the basics of how LOTW works which is as follows.

1. You must download and install, to the default location, the TQSL program from LOTW - This is used to prepare the correct format of file for uploading to LOTW

2. Once you have TQSL installed you need to use it to import your call sign certificate (TQ6 file) into TQSL - This enables the uploads to be signed (Verified) to LOTW - Please ensure that TQSL is functioning correctly before proceeding because if it is not then LOG4OM cannot work

3. The TQSL program is used by LOG4OM for upload to LOTW because it is the only way a properly acceptable file can be generated.

4. LOG4OM sends an ADIF file to your the TQSL program located on your computer and TQSL prepares a signed file which LOG4OM then uploads to LOTW for you. - To enable this to happen LOG4OM needs to know where the TQSL program is located so that is the path you inset into the LOG4OM options LOTW tab. See image below for guidance.

5. During the process of generating the ADIF file to be used by your TQSL program and the resulting signed file for upload LOG4OM uses a temporary directory to store the information (Temporary Path) - See image below for guidance but PLEASE NOTE your path will not have MY NAME in it

6. When everything is set up correctly with your user name, pass word and station location inserted in the LOG4OM LOTW options tab you then use the QSL manager to upload and download your QSO's to LOTW - LOG4OM seamlessly employs the TQSL program in the background while this is being done
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.16 KiB) Viewed 5029 times
Here is a screenshot of my TQSL window displaying the two active and loaded certificates (G4POP & G6CNQ) and two which are waiting for LOTW to certify (The /P calls)
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Don't forget to ensure that the your call sign is correct in the LOg4OM Options/station details tab as well as the Options/External logbooks LOTW window

Perhaps this was a "Bit more informative"?
73 Terry G4POP
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Hi Terry

I have been using log4om with my old call and had no problems using it with Log4om, I followed the instructions. I understand how it works that is why I am asking for help. Yes this was more informative. I will go back and check everything once again. Thank you.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
Mike
Mike-W2MJP