Updating multiple contacts?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
5B4AJT
Novice Class

Updating multiple contacts?

Post by 5B4AJT »

Help!
In the <Search Parameters> window, how do I enter multiple contacts? So far I have only been able to enter one callsign at a time and do an individual search on that contact. This is very time consuming when a batch of QSL cards arrive and I want to update just those records.
I can't be the only one who has run into this problem yet a search on the forum for updating multiple contacts turned up nothing useful and I have found nothing in the manual that addresses this problem.
I hope the answer is not going to be too obvious!! :oops:
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Updating multiple contacts?

Post by K7PT »

Try a search on the QSL Sent filed with "Requested" as the parameter. That should give you all requested xards and then you'll have to go through them for each card received.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
5B4AJT
Novice Class

Post by 5B4AJT »

Hi Chuck
Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a try although I suspect it may take almost as long to troll through a long list as it takes to do a search on the individual call signs. I presume from your reply that the current search facility cannot handle more than one call sign at a time.
David
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

I understand what your asking for but currently one at a time unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.

It is a good idea that I'll add to the Version 2 features. Thanks for the question.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Noted.
I have only a doubt: what if you receive a QSL for QSO in Jan 2015 and in your log you have the same callsign again in late 2015 and 2016? You should manually identify the QSO in any case.
I'll think about, should be relatively easy to do
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Yes, Lele, you display all and the user makes the update manually to the QSOs that he has cards for.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

5B4AJT wrote:Help!
In the <Search Parameters> window, how do I enter multiple contacts? So far I have only been able to enter one callsign at a time and do an individual search on that contact. This is very time consuming when a batch of QSL cards arrive and I want to update just those records.
Why are you using search parameters?

I assume that you watched the YouTube tutorials for dealing with updating for paper QSL's and electronic ones

See https://youtu.be/2VL1k0pOJUA the part you need starts about 3 minutes into the tutorial

and

See https://youtu.be/yLT3UuMlocc

I find this vey fast for updating incoming QSL cards, takes seconds!
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Terry,
The issue is that I have 25 cards in my hand that I just received. Some are for contacts 5 years ago and some over the past few months.
I may have requested 1000 QSLs but only have received 165. So, by doing it, as I understand the video, I am going to have a huge number to root through to update my 25 recent QSLs received in my hand.
Now, if I take and enter all 25 different calls and the display shows them, I can easily update each very quickly.

Maybe I'm messed up with it being a new year and I have to train myself that it's not 2016 anymore.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Chuck,
Yes I understand the suggestion and agree that it would be a good idea.

However until that is implemented using 'search parameters' to locate a QSO and update it is a ponderous way of doing it when the QSL manager does the job so much easier and faster.
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Got ya! Cheers