DXCC after ADIF import

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
WD9HBC
Novice Class

DXCC after ADIF import

Post by WD9HBC »

Hi,
I'm thinking of migrating from another logging program. I've been able to create a MYSql db and imported my log. When I check the awards, the standard ones seem fine (WAS, WAC, WAZ) except for DXCC. That award shows absolutely no contacts even worked. I know that the QSL's are logged, I can seem them in the list. What did I do wrong? Or better, how can I fix it?
Thanks & 73,
Jim, WD9HBC
WD9HBC
Novice Class

Re: DXCC after ADIF import

Post by WD9HBC »

Yup, and after spending a few hours of fruitless searching, no sooner do I post the above, I do another search and the answer pops right up. Long story short, make sure the "change country" box is checked when importing.
Jim, WD9HBC
WD9HBC
Novice Class

Post by WD9HBC »

Well, I thought that would do it, but unfortunately I have the same result, even after changing all the country names during the import. I could see them being changed. However, I've got the same result when looking at the DXCC award. It doesn't even show any worked countries. So, there's still something not right. Any help?

Thanks!
Jim, WD9HBC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Why do you need a MySQL database why not use the SQLite standard database?
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

G4POP wrote:Why do you need a MySQL database why not use the SQLite standard database?
Hello Terry, As this is the 2nd time you have asked this question in as many days could I just give my reasons.
I use a MySQL Database so that I can access my logbook from any computer on the home network. I have also developed a Worked all Britain Awards Front End module that shares my logbook data. As there are very few Log Book Programs that support MySQL I am limited in choice. As I've stated elsewhere on here, I am currently not using Log4om due to the small font size. I am looking forward to Log4om ver 2.
73 de David G4NVB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4NVB wrote:
G4POP wrote:Why do you need a MySQL database why not use the SQLite standard database?
Hello Terry, As this is the 2nd time you have asked this question in as many days could I just give my reasons.
I use a MySQL Database so that I can access my logbook from any computer on the home network. I have also developed a Worked all Britain Awards Front End module that shares my logbook data. As there are very few Log Book Programs that support MySQL I am limited in choice. As I've stated elsewhere on here, I am currently not using Log4om due to the small font size. I am looking forward to Log4om ver 2.
David,
Whereas I fully understand your reasons for wanting to use MySQL, and indeed not using Log4OM Jim may not have the same reasons or requirements!

Unless Jim really requires the advantages and added complexity of MySQL for some specific reason I would recommend that he uses our standard SQLite database which I am certain will resolve his DXCC issue.

So yes I have asked "the same question twice in as many days" but it was for a specific reason!
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

G4POP wrote:David,
Whereas I fully understand your reasons for wanting to use MySQL, and indeed not using Log4OM Jim may not have the same reasons or requirements!

Unless Jim really requires the advantages and added complexity of MySQL for some specific reason I would recommend that he uses our standard SQLite database which I am certain will resolve his DXCC issue.

So yes I have asked "the same question twice in as many days" but it was for a specific reason!
All understood Terry, I was just a bit concerned that maybe MySQL support was going to be dropped due to lack of interest.
73 de David G4NVB
WD9HBC
Novice Class

Post by WD9HBC »

Hi Terry,
Interesting question, although I'm not even sure it's really any of your business. I say that because you're response has a negative tone to it and you made no attempt to answer my question, which should actually be database agnostic. But, since you asked, and obviously won't help without me answering your question first, here goes.
1. I have multiple computers.
2. It was an experiment to work with mySQL
3. I have Macs
4. I'm running (well, attempting) to run Log4OM in a virtual machine
5. Log4OM will NOT connect to a sqlite file from within the virtual machine (verified on 3 virtual machines)
6. I did my homework and MySQL would meet my requirements, where sqlite would not
I certainly hope those "specific" reasons meet your criteria, Terry. They certainly meet mine.
I've spent over 12 hours researching and trying to get this to work. I've tried many different things before turning to the board for help. If you're not or can't help with this issue, then please just let me know (here, in public please, so others can tell too) that this tool may not fit their needs and they'd be better off spending their research time elsewhere.
I don't understand what complexity there could be with MySQL over sqlite. I've already set it up. I can connect and work in the db through the program from the virtual machine. The issue seems to be with Log4OM since parts of it (WAS, WAC) work properly and DXCC (oh, and I found out, CQ counties) do not work.
Jim, WD9HBC
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Jim,
can you kindly create a support request from help menu (adding also the export in ADIF) and send the resulting ZIP to me (lele (at) pisto.it ) adding a reference to this thread?

Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WD9HBC wrote:Hi Terry,
Interesting question, although I'm not even sure it's really any of your business. I say that because you're response has a negative tone to it and you made no attempt to answer my question, which should actually be database agnostic. But, since you asked, and obviously won't help without me answering your question first, here goes.
1. I have multiple computers.
2. It was an experiment to work with mySQL
3. I have Macs
4. I'm running (well, attempting) to run Log4OM in a virtual machine
5. Log4OM will NOT connect to a sqlite file from within the virtual machine (verified on 3 virtual machines)
6. I did my homework and MySQL would meet my requirements, where sqlite would not
I certainly hope those "specific" reasons meet your criteria, Terry. They certainly meet mine.
I've spent over 12 hours researching and trying to get this to work. I've tried many different things before turning to the board for help. If you're not or can't help with this issue, then please just let me know (here, in public please, so others can tell too) that this tool may not fit their needs and they'd be better off spending their research time elsewhere.
I don't understand what complexity there could be with MySQL over sqlite. I've already set it up. I can connect and work in the db through the program from the virtual machine. The issue seems to be with Log4OM since parts of it (WAS, WAC) work properly and DXCC (oh, and I found out, CQ counties) do not work.
Jim, WD9HBC
Jim,
I had not meant to offend you and asked the question only because often our users assume that they are better of running MyQSL although there is no real need for them to do so.

However as Lele has responded I will leave the matter in his capable hands, especially as its clearly none of my business!

I wish you a healthy and happy new year
73 Terry G4POP