Problem with Log4OM and OmniRig/HamLib on BlueCAT

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
IU7GQZ
Novice Class

Problem with Log4OM and OmniRig/HamLib on BlueCAT

Post by IU7GQZ »

Goodmorning everyone,

I passed, with great satisfaction, as other known and SW to Log4Om.

Now I have a problem that does not allow me to use this fantastic SW.

OmniRig NOT recognize my Yaesu 857D, when connected via BlueCat interface, but only when connected via CAT cable.

If I use hamlib, BlueCat is easily recognized but the read rate is partially wrong. For example, the requency 14.208,000 is interpreted by hamlib, and then by Log4OM, as 10.014,208.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buon giorno a tutti,

da circa 3 mesi sono passato, con grande soddisfazione, da altro e noto SW a Log4Om.

Ora ho un problema che mi impedisce di usare a fondo questo fantastico SW.

OmniRig NON riconosce la mia yaesu FT 857D, se connessa tramite interfaccia BlueCAT, ma solo se collegata tramite Cavo CAT.

Se uso invece uso HamLib, la BlueCAT viene riconosciuta tranquillamente, ma la frequenza letta è parzialmente errata. Infatti 14.208,000. ad esempio, viene interpretato da HamLib, e quindi da Log4OM, come 10.014,208.

Qualcuno sa come risolvere questo problema?

Ho assolutamente bisogno di utilizzare la BlueCAT perchè, in portatile, posso utilizzare Tablet e Telefoni per controllare la radio. Inoltre, sui 20mt (cosa che non accade sugli 80 e 40), la connessione via cavo CAT viene persa ogni qualvolta vado in trasmissione.

Grazie a tutti
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problem with Log4OM and OmniRig/HamLib on BlueCAT

Post by G4POP »

To my knowledge neither Hamlib or Omnirig will work with Bluetooth com ports.

I suggest that you contact Alex the author of Omnirig to see if he can do something for you, don't bother with Hamlib because the development is non existent with that software.

Please don't post the same enquiry to multiple threads your questions will 99% of the time be answered with one posting, duplicate posts will have no effect and just gives me more work deleting them
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Re: Problem with Log4OM and OmniRig/HamLib on BlueCAT

Post by G4DWV »

In fact, there has been a lot of recent development with hamlib. Just have a look and see https://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib/files/hamlib/.

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.