Import Format Excel or ADIF?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
n2lrb
Novice Class

Import Format Excel or ADIF?

Post by n2lrb »

I was not able to do a search because the system thought that "ADIF" and "Import ADIF" were too common. Hey, I tried. My question is as follows:

I wish to import my log into Log4OM

1. Can I import a regular Excel Spreadsheet or does it have to be ADIF?
2. What fields need to be created and imported? Log4Om has a lot more fields than I have ever capture in written log
3. Do fields have to be in a particular order (Callsign, Date, Time... or Date, Time, Callsign...)?
4. How do handle DateTime fields?

I currently have a hand written log and am trying to see what my next step is. My log goes back to 1991 and contains about 2,000 entries. So I need to know if I can type my log into an Excel spreadsheet or look for an intermediate ADIF log.

Jose - N2LRB
KT5V
Advanced Class

Re: Import Format Excel or ADIF?

Post by KT5V »

Hi Jose.

You might try DF3CB's Fast Log Entry. I have found it useful to get a handwritten log into ADIF

http://www.df3cb.com/fle/

G4LMW has a .xls to convert Excel to ADIF. I've had good luck with it too, but have come to prefer FLE.

http://www.g4lmw.co.uk/links.asp

Naturally a good backup of your main log is important before importing a file from these or any tool.

73 de David KT5V
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Minimum set of data is callsign/date/start time/band/mode
Everything else can be extracted from those data (if not personalized and if available on public services like QRZ/HAMQTH/QRZCQ)

An ADIF with those data can be easily loaded in Log4OM and enriched with the qso manager functions
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
n2lrb
Novice Class

Post by n2lrb »

I don't use "Band" at all. None of my written log books (from the ARRL) have that as a column. I do use and prefer Freq. as it is more accurate. Can I use Freq instead?
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

If you enter the frequency, it will automatically set the band.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"