Comment for eQSL

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
N6VH
Old Man

Re: Comment for eQSL

Post by N6VH »

Once the QSO is in the log, double click on it. In the Update QSO box, go to the QSL Information tab. There is a blank that says QSL Message. This will be in the upload to eQSL, and will appear in the comments section on the eQSL card. I just tested it.

Hope this helps.

Jim N6VH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HB9ARI wrote:RR, but it's not related to one QSO.
I found this option in "Log4Om Settings" window and I've no reference to a particular QSO.
73, Rudi
The reason for this requirement is based on the fact that these new modes are not yet part of the ADIF standard and therefore not included by eQSL, were this the case then the mode would be detailed on the eqsl card as is RTTY etc. Unlike LOTW, eQSL does not provide a translation facility for these unrecognised modes.

The latest draft specification of ADIF, which was released this morning, does include those modes and will eventually be ratified, probably later this year, once this happens then eQSL will surely report it correctly and your problem will be resolved.

Meanwhile eQSL does not report the contents of the ADIF 'Comments' field, even though we include it in the upload file.

Quote from eqsl website
Note: The field called 'COMMENT' is normally used only for private comments and is NOT printed on the eQSLs
You could perhaps request that eQSL include the above on the QSL card?

Your alternatives are:

1. When you are going to have a period of operating in QRA64A or some other unlisted mode set the QSL Message in Log4OM before starting the session so that the automatic uploads include your required message.

2. Don't use the automatic upload facility but occasionally do a bulk upload of those QRA64A QSO's having first set the QSL message accordingly.

3. As 2 above but instead of a bulk upload edit the single QSO to add the comment to the QSL Message field.
73 Terry G4POP
HB9ARI
Novice Class

Post by HB9ARI »

Terry,

I think that you found the good "workaround" !
I will do as you wrote; i'm lucky, i've not too many QRA64 QSOs !

73 QRO,
Rudi, HB9ARI