Move QSOs to another config?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK5PL
Advanced Class

Move QSOs to another config?

Post by VK5PL »

Is it possible to move QSOs from one config to another?
I upgraded my callsign and have been using the same config.
I have some QSOs under my old callsign in a paper log and was thinking of entering them to the same database but with a different config as about 4 previous different addresses are involved and did not want to change everything all the time.
Also there are QSOs under the old callsign already in the present config, and I wondered if it was possible to move the old callsign QSOs to a new config or is it not worth bothering with.
David
VK5PL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Move QSOs to another config?

Post by G4POP »

Just use the new config then in the file menu go to Open database and select the original database
73 Terry G4POP
VK5PL
Advanced Class

Post by VK5PL »

Won't that then load all the new callsign QSOs as well?
David
VK5PL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK5PL wrote:Won't that then load all the new callsign QSOs as well?
Yes it will but it is the only way that you will be able to see if you worked a station with your old call sign when doing a call lookup.

Log4OM has such powerful search and sort facilities that you are able to maintain one logbook but identify QSO's according to your call sign so for example you can generate labels for your old calls, new calls, special event calls and /P calls

Using multiple configurations with a common logbook database also allows the user to manage LOTW, QRZ Logbook, Clublog etc according to station call sign
73 Terry G4POP