Entering SOTA Contacts

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VE2DDZ
Novice Class

Entering SOTA Contacts

Post by VE2DDZ »

Hi all, What is the best way of keeping track of Summits on the Air (SOTA) references in Log4OM? I would like to be able to record, search on, and export if needed SOTA references for both ends of the contact.

Thanks.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Entering SOTA Contacts

Post by G4POP »

I think it beat to use the SIG (Special Interest group) field but I am not sure if we have an input field, will check!

Meanwhile insert the reference in the comments field
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK!

The current ADIF format does not include the SOTA field for you or the contact that you work however the good news is that the new ADIF format 3.04 that has just been released does have a My SOTA reference and a field for the staions worked SOTA reference.

See http://adif.org/304/ADIF_304.htm

We are updating the program to conform to this new ADIF format so very soon you will be able to enter the information during the QSO directly and retrieve/print it later on.

Meanwhile please enter the SOTA information in the comments field so that when we add the SOTA fields it will be easy for you to to retrieve the information and transfer it to the SOTA field.

Use this format to enter the data in the comments field - 'SOTA' followed by the SOTA reference number - Then later on we can just search the comments field for entries that contain 'SOTA'

Hope this helps?
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Is there a definitive list of world wide SOTA references, like the RSGB IOTA List?
73 Terry G4POP
VE2DDZ
Novice Class

Post by VE2DDZ »

G4POP wrote: We are updating the program to conform to this new ADIF format so very soon you will be able to enter the information during the QSO directly and retrieve/print it later on.
Excellent news. Thank-you very much.
G4POP wrote: Meanwhile please enter the SOTA information in the comments field so that when we add the SOTA fields it will be easy for you to to retrieve the information and transfer it to the SOTA field.

Use this format to enter the data in the comments field - 'SOTA' followed by the SOTA reference number - Then later on we can just search the comments field for entries that contain 'SOTA'

Hope this helps?
Yes, absolutely this is what I will do.
G4POP wrote: Is there a definitive list of world wide SOTA references, like the RSGB IOTA List?
Yes there is. One version is at
http://www.sotadata.org.uk/summitslist.csv

To get the address and format for future up-to-date versions of the summit list you should probably contact the SOTA management team at
http://www.sota.org.uk/

Thanks again, I'm enjoying getting up-to-speed with Log4OM.
73, Malcolm VE2DDZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Malcolm.
CSV is good. I will include that list in a future release (soon)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH