Interface Flex-6300

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
n2lrb
Novice Class

Interface Flex-6300

Post by n2lrb »

I need help interfacing my Flex-6300 to Log4OM. I am using the SmartSDR 1.9.13. As such I don't believe I have to use any external programs like VSP, OmniRig, or Hamlib. I am told I just have to create a Com Port and reference that Com Port in Log4Om. But that is not working. So are there any Flex-6000 series users who have interfaced Log4OM with the Flex 6000 series? If so what had to be done on Log4OM and on SmartSDR?
n2lrb
Novice Class

Re: Interface Flex-6300

Post by n2lrb »

I figured out how to make this work. I love Log4OM. But I am quite disappointed with the lack of any response from this forum. :(
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Sorry that your disappointed by no response regarding your issue. It may be that no user has the same hardware you have or the same structure. There are as many configurations as there are users.

The are a few videos done by G4POP that deals with interfacing various outboard hardware.

Also, please keep in mind that this is a volunteer/user forum and at times not a lot of issues need attention (not read very often). We don't have a forum monitor that stares for things to comment on.

Bottom line: WE DO THE BEST WE CAN! ;)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If we could afford to own every piece of equipment ever made the we could help you but we don't so sometimes it needs a user with a similar set up to help.

So if there are no users with similar equipment or they don't happen to read your post you won't get a reply.

Did you ask the question on the Flex forum and if you did, did you get help there or was that equally dissapointing
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

JoseB wrote: So are there any Flex-6000 series users who have interfaced Log4OM with the Flex 6000 series?
Possibly there are no users that could answer your question is the reason for lack of response.

Also, you mention that you were successful in getting it working.

Could you share with us what you did in this regard to get it working?

It may help other users in the future. Thanks and best 73s.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
n2lrb
Novice Class

Post by n2lrb »

Oh yeah,
I got it to work by installing OmniRig. That's all there was too it. And as with most of these programs we use TS 2000 as the radio being identified instead of FlexRadio because it works. Guess no one has created one for the flex.
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I just discovered this thread, Jose, and could have helped you earlier if I had been active on the forum. Unfortunately for ham radio, including Log4OM, I've been waylaid with other things. Yes, you must run Omnirig. There is not a method yet to use the FLEX SSDR software without it to run Log4OM. You will also find some "missing function" while using Omnirig such as how it handles RTTY reporting to the log, or jumping on a spot. I also think that only a single slice is supported. I believe these will eventually be made to work. Still, Log4OM is a really nice solution.
73, Duane AC5AA
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello,

i don´t know if ther some changes between TS-2000 and SmartSDR in OmniRig but if you download the latest ini Files from the OmniRig download page yo will find also "SmartSDR" in OmniRig. Have seen that when i´ve connected to my Red Pitaya SDR by using PowerSDR so the entry "SmartSDR" is just one entry below.
df5ww1.png
df5ww1.png (7.2 KiB) Viewed 5352 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.