CAT direct frequency entry

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
OK1BIL
Novice Class

CAT direct frequency entry

Post by OK1BIL »

Hello dr OMs,

is there a way how to directly tune frequency from Log4OM user interface?

I know I can click on a spot in cluster and the radio tunes to that frequency, but is there a way how to tune to any frequency I just want at the moment? I.e. direct frequency entry?

I am trying to use Log4OM remotely over RDP/VNC, so I can't spin the wheel by hand.

Marek
OK1BIL / OE2ZPM
K7PT
Old Man

Re: CAT direct frequency entry

Post by K7PT »

The short answer is: no.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
OK1BIL
Novice Class

Post by OK1BIL »

Is there any long answer?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The long answer is!

You could use a Virtual Serial Port (VSP) program as described in the user guide pages 175 to 180

This way you can share the CAT port and simultaneously connect Log4OM and any rig control program like FLRig, Commander etc -All will synchronise the data from the radio and control the radio.

My current set up is an Icom IC7600 with an RFSpace SDR receiver as a panadaptor using SDR Radio Consul software to control the radio and SDR receiver, with Log4OM also using the frequency and mode data which is also all shared with Bandmaster and CWSkimmer.
73 Terry G4POP
OK1BIL
Novice Class

Post by OK1BIL »

I read that, the problem is that for 64-bit Windows 10 they want 30USD for license. And that is little too much for me just trying. Plus it is an overkill for such task.

I would probably see this as feature request then. The code to write frequency to radio over CAT is already there, so it probably is not that much to add. If you want to keep the GUI change effort to minimum then a single button next to freqency field in the log entry would do the job.

Thanks!

Marek, OK1BIL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You could use the Favourites facility (Utilities/Favourites) for some measure of frequency control

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (97.87 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hello Marek,

A simple work around would be to install BandMaster from Afreet Software, same developer as OmniRig. Assuming you are using OmniRig for CAT control, bandmaster (as well as any other programs which use OmniRig) will co-exist sharing the same com port. With Bandmaster installed, you can click on any frequency on the band scale and the radio will switch to that frequency. And you can click on any of the band buttons and the radio will switch to that new band.

I hope this helps. 73,

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA