LOTW credit granted status download

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
4x1zq
Advanced Class

LOTW credit granted status download

Post by 4x1zq »

After running "LOTW download" process from "QSL management" tool, I got "credit granted status" only for electronic QSL'S that were payed for mixed mode applications.
I did not get "credit granted status" for paper QSL'S that were checked and approved by ARRL and were payed for other mixed mode applications.
In that case I can not have full view of my DXCC granted status.
It seems like LOTW does not send a full needed info regarding "credit granted status".
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW credit granted status download

Post by G4POP »

Have you checked the ADIF file to see if the paper credits are there?
73 Terry G4POP
4x1zq
Advanced Class

Post by 4x1zq »

Yes, If I download a report file directly from LOTW it contains the paper credits as well as the electronic credits, but if I import this file to log4om there are missing columns like "time", "mode" and "rpt" send/rcv.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Will you please email me the LOTW report file so I can take a look at it and see what the problem may be. My email is:

k7pt (at sign) arrl.net
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
4x1zq
Advanced Class

Post by 4x1zq »

I will send you the lotw report file but this is not the main problem, I tried to get help from this file for the main problem which is the missing paper credits granted in the lotw response to log4om process request via "QSL managemant".
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

The LOTW QSL Management Request will return only "LOTW" matches. It will not return any paper card status information. Those remain a totally manual process.

This is a ARRL function and Log4OM has nothing to do with it.

The LOTW Report will contain paper card status but has to be used manually.

The problem Log4OM has in using this data is that there are times when multiple contacts are made on the same day with the same station and only the time is different. So, which QSO was used for the credit? Log4OM cannot tell as the QSO time is not available.
4x1zq
Advanced Class

Post by 4x1zq »

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply and info.

It's time to go to ARRL Lotw team for help.
I don't see any reason for them not send all requested info: electronic paper QSLS matches as well as paper, in order to get full picture of the DXCC status.

NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi 4x1zq,

I have written a program which reads the ARRL DXCC adif export file and will update Log4OM with credit granted for all your dxcc credits, including those from card checking. Although there are caveats, as older DXCC records before approximately 1996 do not contain full qso information, it works well for those who have used it.

You can read more about this issue and the program I wrote in this thread - viewtopic.php?t=1755

If you would like to obtain a copy of the program, email me at svtdoug (at) gmail [dot]com.
Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
4x1zq
Advanced Class

Post by 4x1zq »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for advise, happy I am not alone with this HI...
I have sent an Email to LOTW DXCC team regarding this issue but no response yet.
My Email to you is on the way.

73 de Avishay
4x1zq
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

People must realize that paper QSLs from years ago are impossible to fully report the same as the ones of today.

The early processing of paper QSLs was a total hand operation and very little data was saved from them.

Also, there was no ADIF standard as there is now. The format was what was on the card and the only items needed was both call signs, date, band and mode. Time was not a factor as it is today with LOTW.

Like aviation, comparing a bi-wing Spad to a Boeing 747 or Airbus A-380. Times are different.

It's like checking your calendar from 1961 vs. today. You can find a totally different level of detail available where it was on a paper sheet (maybe a 1 inch square to write in) and with today's electronic capability it can be megabytes.

The ARRL has done the best they can do with the data available.