Hamlib Update

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
sq5ltl
Novice Class

Hamlib Update

Post by sq5ltl »

Hi, how can I make update hamlib.
In newest library hamlib support ic-7300
"rigctl --list"
373 Icom IC-7300 0.7.2 Stable
In new release Log4OM 7300 is not present.

Thank you
73! Pawel
G4DWV
Old Man

Re: Hamlib Update

Post by G4DWV »

The hamlib update in Log4OM is just an update of the OLD version and NOT the latest 3.1 stable release. The latter is slated to be in v2 of Log4OM from what I have heard. The version in 1.30.0 of Log4OM only seems to have rig control files from Jan 2015.

I also got excitied when I read the latest version of Hamlib was included :cry: :cry: :cry: .
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Guy,
the verson provided with Log4OM has 12 files, that are the one i've got from the github hamlib website.
Rigctl.exe file was built on 31/12/2016 and this matches the last update i have on the github web site.

More, the old "hamlib" used a file for each rig, resulting in several dozens of files. New V3 has a single library for all the rigs.

Anyway if you want to use another hamlib version, simply replace the content of the folder "/hamlib" in your log4om settings folder. That's all.

More: an user told me there is a new version of HAMLIB, but from github i only see 3.1 dated 31/12/2016...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Daniele,
I was puzzled as the "old" hamlib was not deleted and the "new" hamlib has the datestamp of 15/7/2017.
Happy New Year
Guy
wo2x
Novice Class

Post by wo2x »

I emailed Terry asking that Log4OM be updated to the latest version of Hamlib as the new Flex 6400 and 6600 models were not in the current Hamlib release (Prior to 12/27/17).

The daily snapshot of the Hamlib source code was updated to include the new Flex radios. I do not know if you download the compiled version of Hamlib or the source code and compile it yourself. I have compiled the latest snapshot

It also includes support for the Icom 7300. Please let me know and I can send a link to either the source code or compiled version.

Dave De Coons, wo2x
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your kind offer. I also compile hamlib and WSJT-X (using JTSDK).

IIRC, somebody posted that as the architecture of Hamlib 3 was so different to the previous version, log4OM would have to be rewritten to use it.

Anyway, my misunderstanding was cleared up. Yet another "senior moment" on my way to my place at the bottom of the food chain.

Thanks again es 73 de guy G4DWV 4X1LT
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Log4OM should work with 3.1
I saw the 3.2 with the new features but it's still a "nightly build" not officially released (at least on the hamlib page) that is still on 3.1 so i'm a bit puzzled about releasing a Log4OM with a "beta" 3.2 that could drive to unexpected issues.

You can freely replace hamlib files in Log4OM settings folder with 3.2, that should work...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
m0pkz
Advanced Class

Post by m0pkz »

Hi Dave,

Could you send me the compiled version as updated to latest but still the ic-7300 not in the list?

Regards, Kes.
wo2x wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 15:09 I emailed Terry asking that Log4OM be updated to the latest version of Hamlib as the new Flex 6400 and 6600 models were not in the current Hamlib release (Prior to 12/27/17).

The daily snapshot of the Hamlib source code was updated to include the new Flex radios. I do not know if you download the compiled version of Hamlib or the source code and compile it yourself. I have compiled the latest snapshot

It also includes support for the Icom 7300. Please let me know and I can send a link to either the source code or compiled version.

Dave De Coons, wo2x
Rigs: FLEX-6300 Ant: 6 band hexbeam (by SP7IDX).
http://m0pkz.co.uk/
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

m0pkz wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 10:23 Hi Dave,

Could you send me the compiled version as updated to latest but still the ic-7300 not in the list?

Regards, Kes.
wo2x wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 15:09 I emailed Terry asking that Log4OM be updated to the latest version of Hamlib as the new Flex 6400 and 6600 models were not in the current Hamlib release (Prior to 12/27/17).

Dave De Coons, wo2x

You dont need the compiled version just download the file and unzip it then as Lele stated in an earlier post in this thread....
Anyway if you want to use another hamlib version, simply replace the content of the folder "/hamlib" in your log4om settings folder. That's all.
I have done that and the IC7300 is now in my list.

However I prefer Omnirig for my Icom radios, it provides more flexibility when using other programs like CWSkimmer and WSJT-X
73 Terry G4POP