RST and propagation mode

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
sm7sjr
Novice Class

RST and propagation mode

Post by sm7sjr »

Hello

Any chance of turning off default rst? For instance when I work an aurora QSO and I enter 59A... and then edit QSO, log4om resets it to 599 ?!?
When I work one aurora qso I usually work 20 more... why not making the RST from the previous QSO stick to the next QSO?

If I work one aurora qso I usually work 20 more... When I set prop mode to Aurora why not leave it there for the next qso?

73 SM7SJR, Bjorn
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: RST and propagation mode

Post by G4POP »

sm7sjr wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 17:26 Any chance of turning off default rst? For instance when I work an aurora QSO and I enter 59A... and then edit QSO, log4om resets it to 599 ?!?
RST is a numeric string and is expressed in numbers not letters so why are you entering a propagation mode in the 'Tone' element of an RST report?
If I work one aurora qso I usually work 20 more... When I set prop mode to Aurora why not leave it there for the next qso?
This is possible and logical
73 Terry G4POP
sm7sjr
Novice Class

Post by sm7sjr »

When doing EME we have always used O as signal reports. When doing Aurora there is always an A in the RST.

73 SM7SJR
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Bjoern,

is this specified in the ADIF specifications ? If yes Lele will be find
out what to do if not it´s the same problem for the user when calls
are entered with /LH or/LGT. In that case the country switches to
Norway so /LH /LGT are not preferred in the ITU and ADIF rules as
Lighthouse or Lightship.

Lele can do something but not every thing ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.