Changing "My City" after logging a QSO

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KZ3L
Advanced Class

Changing "My City" after logging a QSO

Post by KZ3L »

Hello,

In the grid display of QSOs, I have a few entries where "My City" is blank. I think this is a result of manually importing ADIF entries from WSJT-X.

No doubt I am missing something basic, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make an entry into this field. Editing the QSO and paging through the tabs doesn't allow me to view or change the "My City" field (nor "My Grid Square," for that matter).

How do I edit those fields?

Thanks much and 73,
Kevin KZ3L
Last edited by KZ3L on 12 Sep 2017, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
KZ3L
Advanced Class

Re: Changing "My City" after logging a QSO

Post by KZ3L »

I just successfully made the changes to the database using the open-source "DB Browser" software, but presume there is a native way to do this within Log4OM.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

All of this is actually covered in the user guide!

I also provided YouTube videos covering this called Log4OM Archive manager Part 1 and Part 2 at ...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXQwM-2uQ0

A search of this forum would also reveal threads on the subject!
73 Terry G4POP
KZ3L
Advanced Class

Post by KZ3L »

My apologies, then. I know you've put a ton of time into many aspects of supporting this software and I didn't intend to waste your time.

I had read through the manual but focused on "Editing an existing QSO" (p. 53) in my forum searches. My intuition concluded this feature would (should?) allow me to change anything related to the QSO, and perhaps I had missed a setting somewhere that would display other associated fields (such as "My City").

I also would have thought "bulk editing" (p. 77) was designed to make these same changes to multiple QSOs vs one at a time. I've since discovered that bulk editing (even for a single QSO) is the ONLY way to change many fields. My bad.

If you are open to a recommendation for the user manual in a future release, may I suggest adding a line on p. 53 or 54 cautioning the reader that many fields can only be edited via the "bulk editor," and refer the reader to p. 77. Just a thought that might add to what is already a great product.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If we presented every ADIF field in the edit windows the windows would be huge and not fit on some monitors.

So we provide the fields most likely to be changed often and those that need editing infrequently are dealt with in the archive manager.

I will however edit the user guide in line with your suggestion
73 Terry G4POP
KZ3L
Advanced Class

Post by KZ3L »

G4POP wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 15:46 I will however edit the user guide in line with your suggestion
Thank you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Done and uploaded to the download server for users to update in Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP