DX Cluster Connection Issue

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G7RVH
Novice Class

DX Cluster Connection Issue

Post by G7RVH »

Hi All,

Over the last couple of days I have had constant issues with maintaining a DX Cluster connection. I am using the default settings which have always worked fine until now. I am using 146.48.126.28:8000. At first the disconnects were frequent and I could re-connect but now I cannot connect at all.

I have tried connecting to the cluster via GB7MBC and it seems to be working fine at the moment.

I am not aware that I have made any changes here so was wondering if anybody else is having problems?

Kind regards,

Richard

G7RVH
Richard
Norfolk, UK
2E1CIR & G7RVH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: DX Cluster Connection Issue

Post by G4POP »

Hi Richard,
I have seen several posts on the internet about 146.48.126.28:8000 having issues so I think it could be the cluster rather than Log4OM.

GB7MBC usually works fine although even that occassionally has some outages but Ian the owner usually fixes these problems fairly quickly so I suggest you stick with GB7MBC
73 Terry G4POP
G7RVH
Novice Class

Post by G7RVH »

Good morning Terry,

Noted on the possible issues - As you suggest I'll stay with GB7MBC as it is working fine!

Kind regards,

Richard

G7RVH
Richard
Norfolk, UK
2E1CIR & G7RVH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I confirm, i have the same problem with this cluster.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G7RVH
Novice Class

Post by G7RVH »

Thanks for the confirmation Daniele.

Experiencing no issues with GB7MBC so I'll use that for now. Great that people take the time to provide these services for us all to use!

Kind regards,

Richard

G7RVH
Richard
Norfolk, UK
2E1CIR & G7RVH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Richard,
Did you explore the filtering option in the cluster, like being able to limit DX spots to only those spotted from your region? With this filter enabled you will not see spots posted by Americans, Australians etc.

See: http://www.dxcluster.org/main/usermanual_en-10.html

Other clusters like VE7CC and the AR cluster provide a setup program that can filter in whatever manner you require, once set up you don't need to use the setup program you just log into the cluster and your filters are automatically set.

For instance I have VE7CC set up to only display DX spots only from spotters located in G, GM, GW & GD and only on bands from 80 - 10 meters

Of course a lot of these filters are provided by Log4OM but it is nice to finely limit the location of the spotters like that.
73 Terry G4POP