Change database

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Change database

Post by G4POP »

I have not received your support request yet, did you send it?

Please copy the SQLite database to your desktop and try to open it in Log4OM from the desktop

Also zip the SQLite file and email it to me please
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Yes I did. I have resent it with the info you requested. Opening the database from the desktop fixed the issue.

As always, I am very grateful for your help. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Cheers

Guy
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 09 Oct 2017, 12:38 Hi Terry,

Yes I did. I have resent it with the info you requested. Opening the database from the desktop fixed the issue.

As always, I am very grateful for your help. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Cheers

Guy
I have now received your support request and the trace log indicates that the path to where your SQLite file is stored on either a network, partition or some form of additional drive.

This is not normally a problem unless the security for that network/partition/drive had blocked access in some way

Opening your database from the desktop has proven that there is some issue on your computer regarding security or sharing that is stopping Log4OM being able to access the file.

Clearly your issue is a local computer problem and not a Log4OM issue and without being able to interrogate your computer using something like Teamviewer it is not possible for me to define the actual cause.

Your best plan is probably to do as I do and store the Log4OM SQLite files in Dropbox
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Some further info on this. I just tried to log a contact and there was a message in the lower right about the DB needing an upgrade. I then went to open it from the previous problematic location and it opened perfectly without any issue without any changes in security settings or anything else.

Computers eh?

73 de Guy
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hello Guy,

You might check out this thread for a similar issue which several of us have had and the workarounds we have found. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3028

Let us know if that helps, or if the problem recurs.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Doug,

Once I got the database opened from the desktop, even though that itself did not work, it allowed me to open the database from the original location and since then, <touch wood> all is working FB.

Thanks for the link, I'm just about to have a look.

Mni tnx es 73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT