Distances

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
m0tgc
New user

Distances

Post by m0tgc »

I like to see the distance to a station I am working. At the moment Log4OM seems to give only the distance to the centre of the country worked. In the case of the US this can be very different to the real distance.

Is there a way to avoid this?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Distances

Post by G4POP »

If you use one of the on line Lookup systems like QRZ or HamQTH then Log4OM uses the locator provided by the other station with very accurate results

NOTE
You need to have a paid for subscription with QRZ or they don't provide the locator and other details - HamQTH are free and do provide this information if available
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

I'm confused, as I no longer have a paid qrz.com subscription, yet the vast majority of my contacts show the distance. US ones seem to be the sort of distances I would expect, rather than just the middle of the country. I mostly use JT65/9/FT8 so the locator should presumably give a pretty accurate location anyway?

Why the inconsistency?

Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4IUA wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 23:14 I'm confused, as I no longer have a paid qrz.com subscription, yet the vast majority of my contacts show the distance. US ones seem to be the sort of distances I would expect, rather than just the middle of the country. I mostly use JT65/9/FT8 so the locator should presumably give a pretty accurate location anyway?

Why the inconsistency?

Jeff - G4IUA
Sometimes they forget to disable the XML lookup when you stop paying, I should keep quiet if I were you :D
73 Terry G4POP