Moving "Submitted" QSO's (card, not LOTW) to Granted

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
ac5aa
Old Man

Moving "Submitted" QSO's (card, not LOTW) to Granted

Post by ac5aa »

I have read the manual several times now and cannot match what is being described with what I see in Log4OM. I have the last of my 12m QSO's marked as "Submitted" (to teh ARRL checker), and by now they have already gone through the process and are "Granted." I cannot seem to make those QSO's either go directly to Granted status, or step them through the "Validated" to "Submitted" to "Granted." Could someone point me in the right direction for this? I'm using 1.30 and the latest copy of the user's manual.
73, Duane AC5AA
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Moving "Submitted" QSO's (card, not LOTW) to Granted

Post by K7PT »

Two ways of doing it:
1- Go to each Edit QSO and select the Awards tab. Check the desired boxes for Granted and Submitted if you like. You don't have to uncheck the Submitted box

I add this if you ever download from LOTW:

1- If you download LOTW matches from the ARRL, set your starting date back to a date before the first QSO you want to up date. Download the matches and Log4OM should apply and check the award boxes for each QSO it finds Granted.

Let us know how you make out.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

Thanks for the quick response, Chuck. I've got the flags checked, but it is still not showing up as granted. I enter the "Statistics and Awards" menu, click on the QSO with the "Submitted" flag, to select that Q out of the log, and then I double click it to edit the QSO. I click the DXCC Mixed, CW and Challenge boxes in the "Award Credited" column, save and exit. Re-open the QSO, and the flags have been set. Now if I re-select the Statistics and Awards menu, select 12m, and I find the "submit" flag is still set, and it is not listed as Granted, nor does it have a date. I must be doing something wrong. Thankfully I only have 12 of these to do! Any other suggestions?
73, Duane AC5AA
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Hi Duane,
Please send me an adif file of one of those 12 QSOs and let me take a look at it.

Send it to my email: k7pt(at sign)k7pt(dot)com.

Thanks.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Duane sent me a few Qs from his log and I found the "Submitted" check box in the QSO QSL tab to be still checked.

When submitting paper cards, one must clear this when applying the Credit Granted.

All is OK now.
ac5aa
Old Man

Post by ac5aa »

I had both "s" and "S" marks on the QSO's. The ones I sent you I had already checked the "credited" boxes, and they had the "s" indicator. The remainder did not have those boxes checked, so I checked them and then unchecked the "Submitted" check box on teh QSL tab. Now, to get it to display properly, I have to select "Ignore QSL status" at the bottom of the page. Doesn't make sense, but it works, so I'll use that. Thanks for your help, Chuck - it's much appreciated.
73, Duane AC5AA
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Duane,
The Ignore QSL Status allows you to view the QSL Status or the Award Status. They are two different things.