FT8 NOT IN MODE DROP DOWN

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G0VWP
Novice Class

FT8 NOT IN MODE DROP DOWN

Post by G0VWP »

Hi All,
I down loaded Version 1.30.0.0 tonight and FT8 dose not appear in the drop down mode window I also down loaded Log4OM on to my laptop and it dose appear there any reason why this should happen ???

Terry 73
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FT8 NOT IN MODE DROP DOWN

Post by G4POP »

Does your C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder contain a file called ModeList_user.csv?

If it does this means that at some previous time your mode list has been modified

Please delete this file and restart Log4om to ensure that the software now does use the correct file.

I think you will then find that Log4om now does have the FT8 mode.

I have just checked and version 1.30 definitely does include FT8 mode.

If the list still does not include the mode then please let us know buy I am fairly sure that deleting the file will ensure that it does!
73 Terry G4POP
G0VWP
Novice Class

Post by G0VWP »

Hi Terry
Thank you that worked a treat.
73 G0VWP
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

I had this same situation of FT8 not in the mode dropdown and I also had a ModeList_usr.csv file which does not contain FT8 and is one row shorter than modelist.csv (95 vs 96). The datestamp for that file is 4/3/17 which precedes my initial install by a little more than one month so I don't think there is anything I could have done to create it. My initial install was 1.28.0. Now running 1.30.0.

As suggested, I deleted that file (renamed actually) and FT8 is now in the dropdown.

73 - Tom NS8K