labels

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
PA0AER
Advanced Class

labels

Post by PA0AER »

The manual need a little correction on page 103. The label design window is not under "Settings" but under "QSL tools" to find.

I have a brother QL 560 labelprinter, older but simular to the QL570. Some questions, why print log4om first the label in adobepdf format? Can I that switch off?
Can I somewhere change the layout, I think it is not necessary to print the country, but i like to print the OP's name, satellite and distance on the label
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: labels

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 05 Nov 2017, 13:08 The manual need a little correction on page 103. The label design window is not under "Settings" but under "QSL tools" to find.
Done will be in a future user manual release
I have a brother QL 560 labelprinter, older but simular to the QL570.
It works fine with my QL590 so there is no reason it should not work with the earlier 570 although you might need to modify the priner template for the particular labels that you use.

why print log4om first the label in adobepdf format? Can I that switch off?
No you cannot
Can I somewhere change the layout, I think it is not necessary to print the country, but i like to print the OP's name, satellite and distance on the label
This is not possible
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Unfortunately, I have to look for another label program. I have been out of luck for quite a long time. But was hopeful that I had found it in log4om.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try BV Label or Logger32
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

BV is as the author write: "Development is now actually finished on BV Version 7 and development on Next Generation BV Version 8 has begun. I can't however make any promises when and if BV8 will be available." But that's more than 2 years old. The software is build around Borland.

And logger32 is again another logging program, I need Log4OM, looks pretty and have nice features. Log4Om is also integrated in flexSatPC, a program that I use for sat communication. So sorry but my choice is still log4om
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 20:31 BV is as the author write: "Development is now actually finished on BV Version 7 and development on Next Generation BV Version 8 has begun. I can't however make any promises when and if BV8 will be available." But that's more than 2 years old. The software is build around Borland.

And logger32 is again another logging program, I need Log4OM, looks pretty and have nice features. Log4Om is also integrated in flexSatPC, a program that I use for sat communication. So sorry but my choice is still log4om
Have you tried HRD-Label by IW1QLH

Alternatively you might consider, what is a bit of a long way around to achieve the result that you require, the following.

Try exporting the QSO's for which you require QSL labels from the QSO Manager as a CSV file, configure the fields to be exported in the csv export dialog box.

Now import the csv file into either Microsoft Excel or Access and set up a label print in one of those programs
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Yes Terry, I have already considered that myself. I think this is currently the only correct method. Create a mailmerge template. Thanks
Ger
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

I did it, all the old QSL cards are now on his way to the buro.
I have made a text file, imported it in excel. Made a layout with the brother ql0560 software. The ql560 software was accepting the excel file as database.
When I have more time i wil see the possibility to access the MySQL database directly, or the adif file.